If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Cambodia: Chief of Party (COP), Civil Society – Cambodia (Phnom Penh)
Closing date: 05 Oct 2015
Chief of Party (COP), Civil Society – Cambodia (Phnom Penh)
Requisition Number 15-0154Enter your email, select new user, enter name, wait, add and finish all using this Free.
Post Date 9/4/2015
City Phnom Penh
Pact is seeking a Chief of Party (COP) for the upcoming USAID-funded Cambodian Civil Society Strengthening project. The project aims to strengthen the capacity of civil society in Cambodia and provide analytical and technical services to USAID/Cambodia civil society activities. The COP will be responsible for the technical leadership and administrative oversight of the project and will serve as the primary liaison to USAID, the Government of Cambodia, and other project stakeholders. This position is contingent upon award of funds.
• Responsible for the overall technical direction of the project and management of project activities, providing direction and support to the project team.
• Provide technical leadership to ensure high quality programming to achieve project results.
• Serve as Pact’s liaison to donors, the Government of Cambodia, and partners.
• Oversee project planning (i.e. development of work plans and operating budget) and reporting (i.e. review and approve periodic budgets and reports).
• Manage project budget to meet expected results, ensuring cost-effective use of Pact and donor resources.
• Provide administrative and program support for management of grantees, including identification and administration of sub-grants to local NGOs.
• Ensure that Pact provides high quality technical assistance to local partners; conduct regular monitoring and mentoring visits to local partners.
• Ensure that donor and Pact reporting requirements on program impact are met. Oversee project staff in helping partners/grantees establish reporting and tracking systems to provide key information in an efficient and timely manner.
• Oversee and monitor quality of organizational capacity development to local organizations, using customized capacity building tools and approaches to ensure measureable impact.
• Ensure close coordination with other relevant initiatives in country.
• Represent Pact at conferences, working groups, and meetings to support Pact’s thought leadership in civil society strengthening in Cambodia and the region.
• Provide regular written/oral program progress updates as requested.
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree or higher.
• At least five years of experience as a COP or a Country Director in a development project in the field, including at least three years as a COP or a Country Director of a project aimed at promoting human rights, with an emphasis on civil and political rights.
• At least two years of experience as a COP or a Country Director of a project with a $3 million or larger size sub-grant or sub-contract program.
• As least two years of experience working with local organizations to strengthen their capacity through mentoring and/or the provision of direct capacity development services, including those related to: institutional strengthening, advocacy skills, or adherence to USAID rules and regulations.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Fluency in English
• Experience working with Cambodian civil society, specifically the local human rights community strongly preferred.
• Knowledge of the political and social context and civil society in Cambodia.
• Experience managing USAID contracts.
• Experience working with grassroots organizations, developing networks, and supporting civil society advocacy and NGO legislation.
• Master’s Degree or higher in a relevant field strongly preferred.
How to apply:
To apply for this position, please visit our website at www.pactworld.org
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.