If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Ethiopia: Partnerships Strategy Development Consultant
Organization: UN Children's Fund
Closing date: 28 Oct 2015
Type of contract: Consultancy
Duration of contract: Two monthsFREE GIVEAWAY:- Amazon.com - Read eBooks using the FREE Kindle Reading App on Most Devices. Click above, enter your email, select new user, enter name, wait, add and finish. It's 100% FREE and a lifetime offer.
Purpose:To develop a partnerships strategy with a clear picture of the current and past experience of resource mobilization and broader partnerships for the Ethiopia Country Office; analysis of current local and regional resource mobilization environment and future needs by establishing objectives for resource mobilization; prepare a mapping of partners and opportunities; develop a maintenance plan of current partners; plan for pursuing new partners; identify modalities and develop indicators for partnerships, with a strong focus on resource mobilization.
- Analysis of past resource mobilization and broader partnership experience
· Strategies and action pursued in the past and their results.
· Look at contribution management experience, what worked and what didn’t.
· Lessons learned
- Analysis of current local and regional resource mobilization and broader partnership environment and future needs
• Analyze the aid environment – both at regional and country level
• Analyze the private sector environment in Ethiopia
• Analyze foundations active in Ethiopia / region
• Identify new funding opportunities
• Analyze partners’ perception of UNICEF Ethiopia
• Identify key areas of broader partnerships, leveraging sustainability work across the region • Determine priority funding needs
- Development of Partnerships strategy
• Establish objectives for resource mobilization, types of engagement, fundraising methods, focus and action (bilateral, private sector, foundations, IFIs etc.).
• Prepare a partner mapping and opportunities
• Plan for maintenance of current donor portfolio
• Plan for pursuing new partners (traditional and non-traditional)
• Develop indicators for resource mobilization and contribution management
The methodology involves both desk research, face-to-face interviews with key existing and potential donors/partners in Ethiopia, and telephone calls with key regional or global partners. The assignment does not require the consultant to travel outside of Ethiopia, although UNICEF’s regional office in Nairobi could provide virtual access to strategies and research that will be of help.
- Analysis of past resource mobilization and broader partnership experience;
- Analysis of current local and regional resource mobilization and broader partnership environment and future needs;
- Development of partnerships strategy.
The consultant/s will be contracted by the Ethiopia Country Office. The draft Partnerships Strategy will be submitted at least two weeks ahead of the expiry of the contract to ensure sufficient time for review by all relevant staff and incorporation of comments into the final document.
The consultant will report to the P4 Chief of Planning. The consultant will be requested to submit a final consultancy report at the end of the consultancy.
Expected background and Experience:
- Master's degree or equivalent in social sciences, public administration, international relations, communications, or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in donor, inter-governmental relations and resource mobilization in the international development sector;
- Proven experience in formulating partnership strategies;
- Significant experience in communicating with donors;
- Proficiency in written and spoken English is mandatory.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with the donor community, foundations and the private sector;
- Ability to lead strategic information collection, analysis and result-based use of information;
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills;
- Excellent communication skills including writing and presentation skills
How to apply:
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications must include motivation letter, an updated CV, and a completed UN Personal History Form (P-11) availablefor download on the same page.Please DO NOT ATTACH COPIES OF TRANSCRIPTS, ACADEMIC DEGREES OR RECOMMENDATION LETTERS WITH THE APPLICATION.
UNICEF and UN candidates must also include two recent Performance Evaluation Reports.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications from qualified women are encouraged.
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.