If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Evaluation of the Emergency Shelter and Non Food Items Cluster in the Ukraine
Organization: UN High Commissioner for Refugees
Closing date: 09 Oct 2015
UNHCR Shelter and Settlements Section seeks to review the effectiveness of the coordination services provided by the UNHCR-led Emergency Shelter and NFI Coordination Team to the humanitarian response to the Ukraine crisis that began in 2014.Enter your email, select new user, enter name, wait, add and finish all using this Free.
Location of consultancy
Home based with deployment to Ukraine
Background of the Evaluation
In December 23, 2014 the Cluster system was officially activated by the Emergency Relief Coordinator to enhance coordination among members of the humanitarian community. UNHCR was appointed as the lead agency for the Emergency Shelter and NFIs cluster.
In January and February 2015 a third wave of mass displacement occurred from areas under shelling (Debaltsevo crisis). As of 1st June 2015 there are 1.3 million persons registered as displaced by the Ministry of Social Policy, with fluctuating population movements including secondary displacement, commuting across the contact line, and returns.
The Emergency Shelter and Non Food Items Cluster is partnered with the Ministry of Regional Development & Ministry of Social Policy and led by UNHCR with various NGO partners coordinating to provide an appropriate response to the crises.
National coordination is conducted in Kiev with sub-national coordination occurring in various areas.
The evaluation is to cover the period from the time of cluster activation to the present day covering the different coordination deployments undertaken and the geographic areas of both coordination and shelter activities.
The methodology will be developed based on the Shelter Cluster Evaluation Guidelines and should include;
a. Desk Review
- Review of available documented materials relating to the start-up, planning, implementation, and impact of the Emergency Shelter and NFI Cluster. All relevant documentation is available at https://www.sheltercluster.org/response/ukraine
b. Data Collection and Stakeholders Analysis
- Interviews with Shelter Cluster member agencies (NGOs and INGOs)
- Interviews with other UN agencies participating in Shelter Cluster.
- Interviews with regional shelter cluster lead agencies and co-chairs.
- Interviews with other cluster lead like Protection, WASH, CCCM clusters and OCHA to analyse the inter-cluster coordination mechanism.
- Interviews with key NGO/INGO staff that have had a key role (SAG, TWIG, sub-national coordination) in the shelter cluster coordination.
c. Draft report to be shared with the UNHCR Country Representative, the Coordinator, the Ukraine SAG and the SSS in Geneva
d. The final report and management response plan will be publicly available.
UNHCR SSS retains intellectual property of all quantitative and qualitative data produced in the execution of the evaluation.
Key Activities and Deliverables
The evaluation will be led by the external evaluators under the management of an internally appointed evaluation manager. The external evaluator will have a thorough understanding of Humanitarian Reform and the Transformative Agenda, of the IASC and UNHCR guidance related to the Shelter Cluster, and of the context in Ukraine, preferably with previous experience in the country but not directly linked to the current ESNFI cluster operations in Ukraine, or any other conflict of interest that would interfere with the independence of the evaluation.
The complete summary of the tasks of the external consultants, deliverables and timelines are contained in the detailed terms of reference.
Applications for this consultancy should include:
· Curricula Vitae (CV)
· Proposal outlining consultant/s expertise division of labor, workplan and budget
· Cover letter clearly summarizing your experience as it pertains to this evaluation
· A completed and current P11
· A brief example of an evaluation report most similar to that described in this TOR
· A firm fixed-price bid in US Dollars, indicating personnel, project and overhead costs. All costs will be fixed except for travel to selected destinations, which will be on a cost-reimbursable basis. All rates quoted must be exclusive of tax, as UNHCR is a tax-exempt organisation.
The consultant is asked to also include a note regarding any budget assumptions, for example any assumptions of costs that will be covered by UNHCR.
All proposal materials sent to UNHCR are non-returnable.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the next step in the application process.
The full ToR for the evaluation can be found here
How to apply:
Interested consultants should submit their proposal for the consultancy including all information required in this advertisement and the complete terms of reference by October 9th 2015 to the following email: HQshelter@unhcr.org
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.