Are you experiencing this error of webpages being Temporarily Unreachable when you try to use the Fetch as Google crawl feature in Webmasters Tools? How about having a friend who is facing the same problem above? Trust me, if you take a search of the above as a keyword in the different search engines, you will be surprised by the number of results leading to the different Forums and other related sites by the different webmasters all asking about the same.
I have personally seen that nu-reachable web page error on so many occasions and so far, I know what to do and how to do it when it comes to having the problem solved and which is what am sharing with you in this post. But before you arrive at the solution, its a good idea to know what could possibly be the cause of the problem since the solution may vary depending on the cause. Some of the possible causes for this error may include but not limited to the fetch feature experiencing a glitch, your web hosting servers being down, your site being temporarily off itself, having a security plugin or extension preventing crawlers to access your site, the link itself returning a 404 or even your robots txt blocking Google.
And once you find the cause, then you can arrive at the solution and which is the Fix for the problem. Below are some of the solutions to try basing on the causes.
1. Try to visit this Google troubleshooting page and see whether all services are active and if they are, then head on to the next option below.
2. Contact your web hosting provider and make an inquire while referring to what you are going through. If its a problem on their side, they will let you know and solve it.
3. Try to deactivate all security plugins and extensions installed on your site and see if its solved. You can too review all settings and see that they aren’t blocking crawlers.
4. Make sure that your Robots txt file is not blocking crawlers. You can review it and see from a face view.
5. Ensure that the web link you are trying to fetch is live and not returning a 404 error.
6. Lastly, you can simply wait for some few minutes and retry fetching again. This is my favorite solution since it works best for me.