If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Haiti: Non Revenue Water Specialist
Organization: AECOM International Development Inc.
Closing date: 07 Nov 2015
Under contract with the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), AECOM International Development (AECOM) is implementing the Water Security for Resilient Economic Growth and Stability (Be Secure) Project in the Philippines. The objective of the project is to improve water security for economic growth and stability through strengthened resiliency to water-related climate change impacts and increased coverage and operational sustainability of domestic water supply and sanitation services in six geographic areas.
Be Secure will be providing technical assistance to the Cagayan de Oro City Water District (COWD) in its Non-Revenue Water (NRW) Reduction Strategy and Implementation Program. COWD has acquired a loan of PHP 458 million (USD 10.2 million) to implement this program. COWD’s NRW currently stands at about 50% and it is hoping that the program will lower its NRW to 30%.
Be Secure is currently in the process of engaging a Subcontractor for this technical assistance that should be completed a few months before the Be Secure Project ends in July 2017. The major tasks of the Subcontractor are as follows:
- Development of Geographic Information System (GIS) data base
- Development of hydraulic model
- Delineation and design of District Metering Areas (DMAs)
- Development of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for NRW management
- Technical oversight during DMA implementation
Be Secure’s NRW Reduction Specialist shall provide peer review and quality control to the deliverables of the Subcontractor. The detailed tasks of the Subcontractor are shown in Annex 1. The responsibilities of the COWD on the other hand are listed in Annex 2.
The NRW Reduction Specialist will be engaged for ninety (90) days spread over the duration of the technical assistance to COWD. The Specialist will mostly be doing work in his home office with maximum of three (3) trips to Cagayan de Oro City (CDO).FREE GIVEAWAY:- Amazon.com - Read eBooks using the FREE Kindle Reading App on Most Devices. Click above, enter your email, select new user, enter name, wait, add and finish. It's 100% FREE and a lifetime offer.
The scope of works of the NRW Reduction Specialist shall include the following:
- Travel to CDO at the start of engagement to familiarize with the condition and operations of COWD and meet with the Subcontractor either in Manila or CDO to define project “hold points” where Subcontractor will have to secure approval of the NRW Reduction Specialist before proceeding to the next phase.
- Review the QA process of the Subcontractor for all the tasks and provide input as appropriate.
- Prepare and submit a Review Methodology for each of the tasks of the Subcontractor.
- Submit estimated timeline of milestones/hold points and the objectives, schedule and duration of two remaining visits.
- Review the GIS data base and provide input as appropriate.
- Review the hydraulic model calibration method and results of the Subcontractor and provide input as appropriate.
- Review the proposed DMAs of the Subcontractor and provide input as appropriate.
- Review the design drawings of each DMA prepared by the Subcontractor and provide input as appropriate.
- Review the SOPs prepared by the Subcontractor and provide input as appropriate.
- Carry out other tasks necessary to effectively help Be Secure monitor the quality of work of the Subcontractor.
Following are the deliverables of the NRW Reduction Specialist:
- Review Methodology – to be submitted within two weeks of engagement
- Monthly Review Report – a summary of the reviews carried out within the month, if any (there will be months where no documents are ready for review)
- A bachelor’s degree
- Fifteen (15) years engineering experience in water infrastructure projects
- Within the fifteen years, at least five (5) years must be spent on hydraulic modeling, field calibration, DMA formation and NRW reduction
- Knowledgeable in the use of Manifold GIS or ArcGIS software and capable of checking and navigating the GIS data base of the Subcontractor
- Knowledgeable in telemetry associated with DMA formation
How to apply:
Please click on the following link: https://jobs.aecom.com/TGWEbHost/jobdetails.aspx?partnerid=20052&siteid=5022&areq=120777BR
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.