If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Haiti: Project Officer (Return Project/Camp Coordination and Camp Management (CCCM))
Organization: International Organization for Migration
Closing date: 04 Nov 2015
OPEN TO INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL CANDIDATES
Position Title: Project Officer(Return Project/Camp Coordination and Camp Management (CCCM))Enter your email, select new user, enter name, wait, add and finish all using this Free.
Duty Station : Port-au-Prince, Haiti
Classification : Professional Staff, Grade P2
Type of Appointment : Special short term,Six months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date: November 04, 2015
Reference Code: SVN2015/140(P)-EXT
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM has a proactive recruitment policy to increase the representation of nationals of non- represented member states. Qualified applicants from the following countries will be favorably considered:
Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Belize, Benin, Botswana, Cambodia, Cape Verde, Czech Republic, Comoros, Djibouti, El Salvador, Gabon, Gambia, Guinea, Guyana, Holy See, Iceland, Israel, Jamaica, Lesotho, Libya, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Maldives, Malta, Marshall Islands, Montenegro, Micronesia, Mongolia, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Republic of Congo, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, Seychelles, Somalia, Suriname, Swaziland, Tanzania, Timor Leste, Trinidad and Tobago, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen
Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission in Port-au-Prince, the direct supervision of the Project Manager (Return) and in coordination with the Camp Management Operations Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for assisting with the implementation of the return project and will ensure effective assistance and protection of camp based populations in their return to their communities.
*Core Functions / Responsibilities:*****
- Assist with the implement the project activities in a timely manner and ensure that IOM administrative and technical policies and practices as well as donor requirements are followed at field level.
- Monitor project progress, specifically aimed at documenting and evaluating results as well as increasing effectiveness and recommending appropriate action.
- Anticipate constraints to project implementation and work out solutions with the project manager and other project officers.
- Ensure accurate information of internally displaced people on project objectives and promote community mobilization accordingly.
- Ensure proper verification of identity of all internally displaced people to ensure an accurate beneficiary selection, cash grant disbursement and maximize project impact.
- Liaise with the IOM data management unit and the return database management team to ensure that the information provided is accurate and that periodic project objectives are set accordingly.
- Guide and coordinate the onward movement of the displaced population out of camps and to their respective area of return.
- Ensure regular dismantlement of all emptied shelter in the Internally-Displaced Persons (IDPs) camps targeted by the project and following cash grant disbursement.
- Consolidate movement plan for all return activities to maximize efficiency of field transportation system in line with the plan established by the project manager.
- Direct and supervise IOM national staff involved in the relevant activities in this area.
- Implement appropriate safety and security procedures related to the protection of IOM staff, its assets and operations. Ensure that all relevant security information are properly disseminated.
- Establish and maintain strong partnership and liaison with implementing partners, including donor community, Government entities, local authorities, UN agencies and other stakeholders; promoting dialogue, information sharing and cooperation among Government and non-government actors.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- Takes responsibility and manages constructive criticism;
- Works effectively with all clients and stakeholders;
- Promotes continuous learning; communicates clearly;
- Takes initiative and drives high levels of performance management;
- Plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Displays mastery of subject matter;
- Contributes to a collegial team environment;
- Incorporates gender-related needs, perspectives, and concerns, and promotes equal gender participation;
- Displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
- Delivers on set objectives in hardship situations;
- Effectively coordinates actions with other implementing partners;
- Works effectively with local authorities, stakeholders, beneficiaries, and the broader community to advance country office or regional objectives.
*Required Qualifications and Experience*****
- Master’s degree in Political or Social Sciences, Business Administration, Migration Studies, International Relations, Law or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
- University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in the field of camp management issues including operational and field experience, IOM project development, and management;
- Substantial experience in emergency and post-crisis environments, community mobilization, humanitarian assistance, human rights;
- Demonstrated expertise in the thematic area;
- Strong leadership and coordination management experience;
- Substantial work experience in disaster and post-conflict zones and CCCM response;
- Experience in liaising with governmental authorities, other national/international institutions;
- Demonstrates good knowledge of UN, IOM and NGO mandates and programmes in the humanitarian responses, IDPs, post conflict construction and development;
- Work experience in Haiti an advantage.
Fluency in English and French is required. Working knowledge of Haitian Creole is an advantage.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment
system, by November 04, 2015 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly filled in and submitted with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application in your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 21.10.2015 to 04.11.2015
Requisition: SVN 2015/140 (P) – Project Officer Project Officer (Return Project/Camp Coordination and Camp Management (CCCM)) (P2) – Port-au-Prince, Haiti (54695866) Released
Posting: SVN 2015/140 (P) – Project Officer Project Officer (Return Project/Camp Coordination and Camp Management (CCCM)) (P2) – Port-au-Prince, Haiti (54695867) Released
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.