With a daily increase in the number of Android phones and Samsung mobile users in addition to the high number of internet needs, many people have found a lot of difficulties when it comes to configuring their devices so as to be able to move with the technology demands. In fact, if you happen to search the different stores which deal in mobile devices, you will realize how internet enabled gadgets are on an increased demand as compared to the non-gprs, wap, edge, 3g, 4g and other supported devices, and which applies to what I talked above on when it comes to Android and Samsung smartphone operating system gadgets.
When I wrote some articles some time back which were all about How To Set Up GPRS/WAP/INTERNET For China Made Phones – Configuration Tutorial and MTN/UTL/Orange/Airtel/Warid/K2 Manual Wap/Gprs/Edge/3G Settings, readers did request me to post an article about how to manually configure internet on Android & Samsung devices and which is why you are seeing this post.
And basing on the simple research I made, there are so many Android mobile phone users who happen not to know how to set up their devices manually with the different internet service provider setting and in case you are one of those, all you need is to keep reading so as to learn how you can easily go about the above as shared below.
Before getting started, you need to have your internet service provider access point name or APN since that is core when it comes to internet on your mobile phones. You can use use the internet and visit your provider website for their APN and or simply call their customer service helpline and request for the APN number for example smile.ug is the internet access point for Smile Telecom and once you are done, follow the simple procedures below depending on your device.
For Android Mobile Users
1. Open menu and click on settings.
2. Click on Mobile Network and select Access point names.
3. Select New APN and fill in all required details for example, Type Provider name under APN name and provider APN address (the one you got from your provider) under APN, select PAP under Authentication Type, IPv4 under APN protocol and save settings when you are done.
For Samsung Phone Users
1. Click on Applications and select settings.
2. Go to more settings and select mobile networks.
3. Select Mobile data and click on Access Point names.
4. Enter all required fields as in for the Android above and save settings.
Please note that some providers might require you to use add the IP Address and Port numbers but still, you can get the same by calling your service provider since every ISP has her own settings. When you are done, you should be able to connect to the internet using your device.
Liked this article or found it helpful? Share it with your friends using the social share buttons below and or post a comment to let us know your feedback or any addition using the comment form below.