You have successfully imported your new motor vehicle in Uganda as the real owner or a clearing agent and looking forward to registering it with URA not so? Or your relative, friend or any other person has sent you one and all you want is to register it and be on the road the sooner? Regardless of whatever you are looking for provided its something related to registering a newly imported motor vehicle, continuing to read this entire article word by word will help you and may be you too help your friend who is looking for the same towards getting started and below is what you need to do.
Remember, the first thing before all is having a TIN number and your URA Account since everything requires the two in order to get started and withe all the above, follow the procedures below.
1. Looking out for the URA e-Services, navigate to log in, enter your ID, Password and sign in.
2. Click on MVR Agent Registration, enter all the required details, click on submit and print your acknowledgement receipt.
3. On the same e-Services portal, click on Other Tax Agent Login, input your credentials and hit submit.
4. Choose MVR Applications and select New Form from the drop down menu.
5. Enter the Purpose details, Owner/Applicant details, Custom details, Vehicle details, Attachments and click on submit to get your e-Receipt.
Now you should print both the e-Receipt and your filled application form which you should take to the URA licensing office for verification and others to follow.
Leaving a comment in form of a feed back is always appreciated. Use the comment form below to submit yours and or use the contact us page.