If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Iraq: The Oil Midstream and Export Advisor, USAID-Tarabot, Iraq
Organization: Management Systems International
Closing date: 14 Nov 2015
The Oil Midstream and Export Advisor, USAID-Tarabot, Iraq
Company Profile:FREE GIVEAWAY:- Amazon.com - Read eBooks using the FREE Kindle Reading App on Most Devices. Click above, enter your email, select new user, enter name, wait, add and finish. It's 100% FREE and a lifetime offer.
MSI is an international development firm in the Washington, D.C., metro area with a 30-year history of helping to deliver results across the developing world. In 2008, we became part of Coffey International Limited. Since that time, we have greatly expanded our ability to respond seamlessly and flexibly to client needs with Coffey's international development offices in the United Kingdom and Australia. We operate in some of the most challenging political and economic climates in the world, including Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan, and South Sudan. MSI currently employs 800 development experts in the fields of public sector management, monitoring and evaluation, governance, and anticorruption. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The Oil Midstream and Export Advisor is a member of the professional staff of Tarabot and is expected to provide expert advice to the Ministry of Oil and its state companies in Iraq. This position requires bringing hands on experience from previous work in the field of Oil sector planning, midstream and export by guiding them to solve existing problems in the field to improve the MoO capacity through rapid improvements in the areas of planning, project management, procurement and legal and regulatory reforms resulting in a rapid increase of oil revenues within one year. The advisor shall work closely with the technical and management staff of the MoO and its entities to implement the planned short-term remedies through providing innovative solutions to existing problems.
This is a full-time, seven-month position based in Baghdad, Iraq and will report to the Chief of Party or his designee.
- In close coordination with the Tarabot Chief of Party (COP) and the ministry of Oil Team Leader, establish and nurture effective professional relationships with MoO leadership.
- Conduct pioneering research, introduce new technology, and provide specialized technical services to enhance oil sector capacity, planning and implementation of export projects in a cost-effective, timely and collaborative manner.
- Assist MoO to implement its crude oil export expansion projects.
- Review and assist with front end engineering design of Al Basra Oil Terminal.
- Assist the MoO to plan and execute their network of pipelines, storage facilities and the southern export system.
- Provide practical solutions to delayed projects that have immediate impact on increasing the export capacity;
- Provide advisory and consultancy services to the MoO in field including but not limited to: short-and-long term technical solutions for the existing midstream identified obstacles, project management, procurement and service delivery implementation.
- Carry on technical assistance overcome contract disputes and provide solutions to expedite current export projects such as:
- Expedite the commission of commissioning and technical challenges of single point mooring (SPM #5) for the removal of shipwreck;
- Contract disputes about the engineering design to complete of JICA SEALINE pipes, loading facilities and storage tanks;
- Contractual disputes with SPM operations and maintenance contractor to maintain spare hoses and hawsers;
- Improve procurement planning and performance of export facilities' Upkeep;
- Reduce number of days of weather outages;
- Al Fao depot construction and pumping systems;
- Nahr Bin Omar field construction.
- Monitor progress within the MoO to ensure that all milestones set in the work plan are met, and develop mitigation plans to reduce setbacks plus take corrective actions to fix any deviation from work plans.
- Meet all standard reporting requirements as stipulated by the COP and assist to address ad hoc, information and briefing requests from USAID.
- Prepare summary analytical and research reports for presentation to GoI decision-makers on ways and methods to improve the success of the MoO's relevant capital investment projects.
- Coordinate and assist, when applicable, to the various other cross-cutting goals and activities of the Tarabot project.
- Carry out all other duties as requested by the COP as requested.
- Candidates should have operational and midstream technical depth, and demonstrated practical experience in setting up and supervising at least 5 mid to large-scale export projects or have provided practical solutions to these five projects. Prior experience in Iraq or the Gulf region preferred.
- Advanced degree in a sector-related field, such as petroleum/process/chemical engineering, or other relevant field.
- Relevant professional certifications such as Professional Registration, PMP or MCIPS are preferred.
- Minimum of ten years of progressively responsible experience in a professional, technical, administrative and/or project management in the oil and gas field.
- Experience in export projects, technical support and economic evaluations capability.
- Detailed knowledge of oil sector planning and understanding of the sector culture and ministerial protocol.
- Fluency in English in speaking, reading, and writing.
- Professional knowledge of USAID compliance requirements is also desirable.
- Strong computer skills (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and MS Project) are required.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
How to apply:
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.