If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Jordan: Design, Monitoring and Evaluation Manager
Organization: World Vision
Closing date: 14 Sep 2015
World Vision International – Jordan:
Design, Monitoring and Evaluation Manager:FREE GIVEAWAY:- Amazon.com - Read eBooks using the FREE Kindle Reading App on Most Devices. Click above, enter your email, select new user, enter name, wait, add and finish. It's 100% FREE and a lifetime offer.
Join and be part of a global relief, development and advocacy NGO, dedicated to work with children, families & communities to overcome poverty and injustice. World Vision International was established in 1950 & operates in nearly 100 countries worldwide. For more information please visit www.wvi.org website.
- Job Title:Design, Monitoring and Evaluation Manager
- Reports To:Program Development & Quality Assurance Manager
- Department/Group: Programmes
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
World Vision International is seeking a well qualified and highly motivated individual who can design and implement assessments, and to assist in the design and monitoring of World Vision’s programs. Under the direction of the Head of Programmes, the Design, Monitoring and Evaluation Manager will work with the Programs and Operations teams, as well as other relevant internal and external stakeholders, to ensure all World Vision’s programs are based on a thorough understanding of the context and are in line with humanitarian standards.
This position provides technical support and supervision of the design, monitoring & evaluation functions of the Response in Jordan to ensure adherence to all Partnership standards and guidance on DME (including CWBO reporting and guidance on programming) are adapted and applied within the program and projects.
Assessment Design and Implementation:
- Design and implement all assessments as required by the Response Team, including managing data collection.
- Analyze assessment data and provide recommendations for strategy and program design.
- Engage with interagency coordination mechanisms and engage with joint assessments as agreed with Programs Director.
- Map and analyze UN and NGO’s existing and planned assessments to avoid duplication and provide contextual analysis to the Program team.
- Ensure WV Jordan’s systems, processes and procedures are established and functioning to define, demonstrate and measure WVSS’ contribution to child well being.
- Facilitate assessments and operations research for contextual understanding, identifying opportunities, vulnerabilities, capacities and resources, deciding feasibility and setting priorities for programming.
- In coordination with Programs team and other relevant staff, design programs taking into account contextual analysis and assessment findings, and ensuring alignment with Response team strategy.
- Facilitate the input of all relevant teams and staff members into program design process.
- Ensure the overall program design incorporates international humanitarian standards and WV guidance and standards.
- Develop response design incorporating international and WV standard related indicator.
- Develop and implement the program monitoring system, ensuring all World Vision and donor requirements are included.
- Where required, work with Operations team to design and implement on-going community or market monitoring systems.
- Prepare monitoring reports and share with the Response Team on a regular basis.
- Ensure systems are in place to support data collection, and analysis.
Baselines, Evaluations and Reviews:
- Support the implementation real time evaluation (RTE) during the first phase of the response.
- Support implementation of a real time learning event (RT LE) with Region and H-LEARN and monitor implementation of resulting plan of action.
- Plan and manage project/program baselines, evaluations and reviews to meet donor and organizational requirements.
- Communicate baseline, evaluation and review findings with response staff and communities.
- Develop Plans of Action that address evaluation, review recommendations and monitor implementation.
- Support research priorities as outlined in the WVJ strategy.
- Ensure learning from current programs is actively incorporated into new program designs and re-designs.
- Lead the process of continuous learning in program quality practices and tools that will enhance the efficiency and effectiveness the organization.
- Contribute to establishment and use of a data base as part of wider information management.
- Facilitate the documentation of good and best practices in the response evidenced from DME products (monitoring, evaluations and research).
- Lead the development of a comprehensive capacity building plan for DME staff key partners around program quality (e.g. LEAP, DME, child well being, transformational development, humanitarian standards).
- Ensure capacity of WV Jordan DME staff in design, monitoring and evaluation (DME) and other skill sets, as required. Establish DME competency requirements for staff positions.
- Work with all WV Jordan managers to ensure that WVSS staff has the necessary skills to contribute to effective project monitoring and quality outcomes.
- Lead, manage, mentor and provide conflict resolution support to DME Officers.
- Ensure accomplishment of the team business/work-plan, objectives and targets as related to achieving WV Jordan main goals.
- Monitor individual employee performance and conduct regular, ongoing performance management and biannual performance evaluations.
- Hire, fire, train, counsel, evaluate, and recommend salary increases and promotions for those under direct supervision.
Relationships / Networks:
- Ensure responsiveness to WVI Partnership needs innovations and global program effectiveness strategies.
- Ensure staff participation in key external networks such as WVI Communities of Practice and Jordan Humanitarian community learning opportunities.
- Post-graduate degree in Social Sciences, International Development, International Relations or related field.
**Knowledge & Skills:**
- Demonstrated ability in the use of quantitative and qualitative data collection methods including survey techniques and participatory approaches.
- Self starter who can work independently under pressure.
- Familiarity humanitarian quality assurance mechanisms including Sphere, Red Cross Code of Conduct, Humanitarian Accountability Partnership, Do No Harm, People in Aid Code of Good Practice.
- Ability to work in and contribute to team building environment.
- Cross-cultural sensitivity, flexible world view, and emotional maturity.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be fluent in English, preferable if able to speak Arabic also.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in relief and development work.
- Minimum 1 years experience in assessment design, and/or monitoring and evaluation work for humanitarian relief operations.
- Achieving quality results and service
- Practicing accountability and integrity
- Communicating information effectively
- Thinking clearly, deeply and broadly
- Understanding the Humanitarian industry
- Understanding WVs mission & operations
- Practicing continuous innovation & creativity
- Learning for growth and development
- Maintaining work/life balance
- Building collaborative relationships
- Practicing gender & cultural diversity
- Influencing individuals & groups
How to apply:
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are Jordanian and meet our requirements, please submit your resume with a covering letter to:
Please write "Design, Monitoring and Evaluation Manager – WVJ" in the E-mail subject line.
Successful candidates only will be notified for the interview.
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.