If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Jordan: Human Resources Manager [Jordan Nationals Only]
Organization: Center for Victims of Torture
Closing date: 30 Sep 2015
The Minnesota Center for Victims of Torture in Jordan (CVT Jordan) is hiring a Human Resources Manager responsible for overseeing day-to-day administration and implementation of human resources functions, including recruitment, retention, performance, reporting, benefits administration, legal compliance, data management, and workforce development. Working closely with the Country Director and managerial team, s/he will help ensure that CVT Jordan maintains an effective, positive, and engaged workforce that achieves its rehabilitation and capacity-building objectives while promoting a healthy team work culture that upholds and reflects CVT organizational values.
The Human Resources Manager reports to the Country Director with a secondary reporting line to the Director of Human Resources at CVT Headquarters. S/he works closely with a team of supervisors, including the Deputy Country Director, Field Manager, Field Coordinator, Field Officer, M&E Advisor, Clinical Services Manager, Psychotherapist/Trainers, and Physiotherapist/Trainers.Enter your email, select new user, enter name, wait, add and finish all using this Free.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
(1)Human Resources Policies & Procedures (25%)
Contribute to key areas of human resource policy development in line with Jordan national labor laws; evaluate and advise on CVT Jordan human resource policies and strategies through a participatory process; craft policies that are fair, transparent, accountable, and consistent with Jordan local law and CVT employee guidelines; maintain a record and archive of all HR policies and actively promote staff understanding of current policies and procedures; and assess policies for legal compliance.
(2) Workforce Management (50%)
Work closely with hiring managers to recruit new staff members; develop effective recruitment and retention strategies; evaluate candidate pools and spearhead the interview process; coordinate communication with applicants and respond to enquiries; prepare materials and meetings for employee transitions; and effectively delegate the day-to-day administration of absences and leave requests.
Promote and maintain positive employee relations by working with managers and their supervisees; counseling team members on effective communications and conflict resolution; gathering staff feedback; managing staff inquiries and grievances; conducting disciplinary review conferences and advising on appropriate outcomes.
Support staff and supervisors by exploring and implementing appropriate learning tools; developing and overseeing the coordination and monitoring of performance evaluations and workplans; coaching and training supervisors on performance management; and overseeing the development of effective HR data management systems.
Serve as a key source of advice for the Country Director, Headquarters-based Program Manager on compensation, job description development, and organizational structure.
In a leadership capacity, actively promote and contribute to a principled, fair, creative, and transparent work culture that encourages staff openness, trust, diversity, and engagement.
(3) Other Responsibilities (5%)
Participate as needed in risk management and incident response by evaluating, troubleshooting, and managing HR-related health, environment, or security concerns.
Participate in organization-wide networking events and activities, and regularly attend INGO HR working group meetings.
Perform other planning and administrative duties as required.
Applicants should note the following required and desirable qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree in business or human resources administration is required; Master’s degree preferred
- At least five (5) years of experience working in human resources in Jordan is required
- At least two (2) years of experience working with an international organization is required, ideally with regular interaction with expatriate staff
- A high standard of spoken and written English is required
- Qualities and experiences required:
- Experience working with clinical or technical staff, with demonstrable sensitivity to a humanitarian or trauma-oriented environment
- Experience in data gathering, analysis, and presentation; knowledge of software and systems strongly preferred
- Proven ability to maintain credibility and work collaboratively across team and department boundaries
- Excellent facilitation, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrated self-awareness and strong interpersonal skills
- Proven track record of working in a transparent and accountable manner whilst guarding the confidentiality of sensitive information
- Demonstrated success managing complex multi-cultural team dynamics in a high stress environment
- Familiarity with or interest in international human rights
- Ability to travel between 3-10 hours per week by vehicle to program locations required
How to apply:
If you would like to apply please submit your motivation letter and resume/CV to: jordan_hr@CVT.ORG before the end of the day on Wednesday September 30th 2015.
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.