If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Jordan: Knowledge Management Specialist (NETI), P-3, Amman, Jordan
Organization: UN Children's Fund
Closing date: 13 Oct 2015
Purpose of the Position
Under the supervision of the Regional Advisor, Planning, the incumbent of this post will be responsible for: promoting knowledge management (generation, dissemination, use) in the Regional Office (RO) and the region; identifying and documenting lessons learned and best practices in development, transition and humanitarian contexts across the MENA region and across sectors; maintaining and promoting 'Mofeed' as an updated knowledge platform in the region; and ensuring links between Knowledge Management and Management for Results (M4R) at regional and country levels.FREE GIVEAWAY:- Amazon.com - Read eBooks using the FREE Kindle Reading App on Most Devices. Click above, enter your email, select new user, enter name, wait, add and finish. It's 100% FREE and a lifetime offer.
Key Expected Results
- Draft and lead the implementation of a Knowledge management strategy for MENARO.
- Responsible for identifying and documenting lessons learned and good practices stemming from generated evidence (research, studies, surveys, evaluations) in all sectors, in collaboration with technical sectors and especially with M&E Section.
- Develop analytical summaries, synthesis, fact sheets, and briefs, based on completed reports, for use by a broad range of stakeholders.
- Responsible for identifying opportunities for innovations that focuses on results for children based on the knowledge and analysis undertaken within the programme sections; lessons learned from strategic reviews and evaluations; and best practices in other countries in the region and beyond.
- Source, maintain and oversee the Mofeed knowledge sharing platform in the region. Liaise with COs and regional knowledge institutions on the latest research and studies on children in MENA.
- Actively supports the generation of knowledge across Country Offices (COs) in the region, including through providing technical inputs on methodological issues.
- Create opportunities in the region to share the knowledge generated in the region (including using technology and other innovations).
- Provide other necessary support to COs and partners on KM.
- Maintain a regional roster of experts (individuals and institutions): evaluators and researchers who are able to implement a quality evidence/knowledge generation work relevant to UNICEF.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
- An advanced university degree (Master's) in Social Sciences, Development Studies, Social-economic research or a directly-related technical field(s) is required.
- A minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience, at the national and international levels, in knowledge/information management, research, and/or knowledge sharing strategies is required.
- Prior experience working in the UN System or other international development organization is considered an asset.
- Familiarity in creating, handling and dissemination/promotion of information, research/analyses, and data from a wide range of sources in countries in crisis, transition and development is considered an asset.
- Prior knowledge of UNICEF's programming cycle in emergencies, development and transition contexts is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English (written & verbal) and a second UN language (Chinese, Arabic, French, Russian, Spanish) is required. Knowledge of Arabic and/or French is considered an asset.
Competencies of Successful Candidate
- Communicates effectively to varied audiences, including during formal public speaking.
- Able to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
- Consistently achieves high-level results, managing and delivering projects on-time and on-budget.
- Demonstrates an awareness of changes in organizational strategy that impact on own work area.
- Analyzes and integrates potentially conflicting numerical, verbal and other data from a number of sources.
- Demonstrates and shares detailed technical knowledge and expertise.
- Seeks and quickly absorbs new information and techniques.
- Sets clearly defined objectives and plans activities for self, own team or department.
How to apply:
The New and Emerging Talent Initiative (NETI) is an entry point for dynamic professionals interested in an international career with UNICEF. Aside from the qualifications indicated in the job description for this post, all NETI programme applicants must also meet the following minimum requirements
- Completion of an advanced university degree (Master's degree or equivalent) at the time of application;
- Proficiency in English and another official language of the United Nations;
- Readiness to be assigned to any UNICEF office worldwide, including hardship duty stations;
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience for functions at the P-2 level, and at least 5 years of relevant work experience for functions at the P-3 level. Relevant experience should include work in developing countries and in multicultural environments.
All applicants will be required to complete a technical test questionnaire at the time of application. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified and will therefore advance to the next stage of the competitive selection process, which involves various additional assessments including a language proficiency test.
For more information on the NETI Programme, please visit the UNICEF website: www.unicef.org/neti
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.