If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Jordan: Project Officer
Organization: World Vision
Closing date: 30 Sep 2015
World Vision International – Jordan:
Join and be part of a global relief, development and advocacy NGO, dedicated to work with children, families & communities to overcome poverty and injustice. World Vision International was established in 1950 & operates in nearly 100 countries worldwide. For more information please visit www.wvi.org website.FREE GIVEAWAY:- Amazon.com - Read eBooks using the FREE Kindle Reading App on Most Devices. Click above, enter your email, select new user, enter name, wait, add and finish. It's 100% FREE and a lifetime offer.
Job Title: Project Officer
Reports To:**Project Manager**
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Under the overall supervision of the Project Manager, the Project Officer will assist in the proper implementation of an upcoming UNICEF-funded education project. He/she will be responsible for the operations with 3-5 Informal Education centers, including set-up, beneficiary registration, outreach and community engagement, coordination with center partners, activity implementation, and reporting within these centers. She/he will ensure that center activities are monitored and delivered to a high quality by the teachers and supervisors. The post holder will also ensure that all center activities are highly valued by the community and acknowledged as addressing the needs of beneficiaries.
Project Planning and Implementation:
- In coordination with Project Manager, ensure that the education program adequately and cost-effectively addresses the needs of children & youth, rooted in an understanding of the context and other initiatives within the education sector.
- Provide daily coordination with partners to ensure that inputs and technical quality of program activities are efficient and coordinated;
- Under the Project Manager ensure that all education, psychosocial, and life skills activities and resources are implemented in a way that promotes results, local capacities and sustainable operations.
- Encourage and ensure the registration, selection and participation of all groups of children, especially the most vulnerable.
- In coordination with the Outreach Team, coordinate with partners to promote regular participatory activities with different groups of children to identify issues affecting children in their communities, and assist the teams to develop appropriate responses.
- Conduct frequent field visits to implementing partners and assigned centers.
- To the greatest extent possible, ensure cross cutting themes (e.g. Disability, gender) are integrated into center activities and staff training.
- Ensure that all partners meet both World Vision and UNICEF standards (education, child protection, operational) including Code of Conduct, Child Protection policy, UNICEF Makani Standards, etc.
Capacity building and training:
- Participate in technical and other assessments of the capacity of local NGO partners to determine their suitability for partnership in Education as needed.
- Attend mandated UNICEF education, psychosocial support and life skills trainings.
- For the position’s assigned centers, lead in the identification of capacity needs of partner organizations and develop training materials and documentation required to deliver the programme.
- Assist the Project Manager in the provision of appropriate capacity building for the local partner staff involved in the implementation of education activities to ensure the sustainability of the project.
- Work closely with and provide ongoing support, mentoring and coaching to local NGO partners of the project, in implementation of project activities.
Partnership and networking:
- Ensure that local NGO partners provide all financial, procurement, progress, operation reporting requests in a timely manner.
- Support the Project Manager to build and maintain relationships with other NGOs in order to build partnerships and positive engagement in educational matters.
- With Operations leadership, assist in ensuring effective coordination and networking with local authorities and other agencies working for Education.
- With the approval of Operations Manager, represent the World Vision Jordan and its program at Inter-agency meetings, workshops and conferences that are deemed to be useful to World Vision.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting:
- In coordination with Project Manager, Design, Monitoring, and Evaluation Manager, and UNICEF, assist with the development of clear monitoring and evaluation tools to measure the quality and impact of education activities implemented by local NGO partners.
- Ensure that implementation of all M&E activities within the education project are conducted in a coordinated, communicated and timely manner.
- Seek the inclusion of technical guidance (both programmatic and M&E) by World Vision technical staff where necessary based on all relevant standards (UNICEF, INEE, MOE).
- Participate in internal and external evaluations (if any) of the project, using these as opportunities to elicit and document achievements, most significant changes, challenges, learning and opportunities as required by the Project Manager.
- Document lessons learned and assess quality of supplies for education to improve quality of programming and allow for appropriate adjustments.
- Quality documentation including assessment and progress reports, proposals, program plans that meet WV and donor requirements.
- Assist in promoting the protection and rights to education for the vulnerable children by identifying key community barriers to education for these children.
- Ensure that all psychosocial, child protection and life skills activities are implemented at a high quality and in compliance with WV, UNICEF and other relevant standards.
- Comply fully and ensure partner compliance with WV’s Child Protection Policy and code of conduct.
- Any other duties that may be assigned by Project Manager or Head of Operations.****
- Bachelor degree in a social development related field – Education, psychology, sociology, specialized education or social animation. Preferably education.
- Post graduate education training is an added advantage.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge of the guidelines and approaches related to education for children in emergencies context.
- Familiarity with core principles of Children Rights, Child Protection, Participation, Do No Harm, as well as INEE minimum standards.
- Knowledge of and adherence to the Child Protection Standards, Red Cross and NGO Code of Conduct
- Interest in areas of child protection and/or education; background in dealing with children and youth.
- Working knowledge of the logical framework approach to project design, monitoring and evaluation/ project cycle management.
- Highly motivated to achieve quality results and service
- Ability to work independently and as part of a diverse team
- Good interpersonal skills, Cross-cultural sensitivity, flexible worldview, emotional maturity, and physical stamina
- Flexible to work in field locations, able and willing to travel to the area of operation on a regular basis to meet the project requirements.
- Well-organized, self-motivated, positive attitude and with a willingness to learn.
- Ability to cope and work under pressure.
- Computer literate mainly in Microsoft Office package.
- Previous programming experience or coordination with UNICEF.
- Knowledge and experience with budgets and procurement processes
- Previous experience with staff management
- Demonstrated accountability and integrity
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills with a passion for sharing knowledge
- Excellent English and Arabic communication skills (both oral and written).
Relevant experience of at least 2 years with reputable institution, national or international education NGO.
- Achieving quality results and service
- Practicing accountability and integrity
- Communicating information effectively
- Thinking clearly, deeply and broadly
- Understanding the Humanitarian industry
- Understanding WV’s mission & operations
- Practicing continuous innovation & creativity
- Learning for growth and development
- Maintaining work/life balance
- Building collaborative relationships
- Practicing gender & cultural diversity
- Influencing individuals & groups
How to apply:
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are Jordanian national and interested to apply, please send your CV along with a covering letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please write "Project Manager/PEAR Project – WVJ" in the E-mail subject line.
Successful candidates only will be notified for the interview.
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.