If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Jordan: Protection Coordinator
Organization: American Refugee Committee International
Closing date: 06 Nov 2015
****POSITION TITLE:****Protection Coordinator**COUNTRY PROGRAM:**Jordan
RESPONSIBLE TO:Senior Program Manager**STATUS:**Full Time
SUPERVISORY CAPACITY:National Staff and implementing partners**DATE:**October 2015
COUNTRY PROGRAM MISSIONFREE GIVEAWAY:- Amazon.com - Read eBooks using the FREE Kindle Reading App on Most Devices. Click above, enter your email, select new user, enter name, wait, add and finish. It's 100% FREE and a lifetime offer.
The American Refugee Committee (ARC)/Questscope (QS) program started in Jordan in 2013, addressing emergency needs of conflict-affected IDPs and host populations in the region. Currently, the overall aim of the program is to improve the well-being of the target populations by addressing their immediate humanitarian needs and contributing to long-term community stabilization.
In conjunction with the implementing partners in the region, ARC has developed an integrated approach by providing assistance in the areas of 1) Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH); and 2) Protection. ARC is also providing non-food items (NFIs) that respond to health and safety needs.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
ARC/QS Jordan is recruiting a Protection Coordinator to support the development and improvement of its programs and service delivery under its area of operations, specifically in the areas of Protection, Child Protection, and Gender-based Violence. Under the supervision of the Senior Program Manager, the Protection Coordinator will be responsible to support protection activities across ARC country programs to help improve the life conditions and self-reliance of refugees and their host communities.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Program Management, Monitoring, and Evaluation
- In collaboration with the ARC protection team and local and regional actors, provide technical leadership related to project design and development, planning, implementation, and overall project management of the GBV/Protection program
- Develop technically sound work plans and activities consistent with program goals and objectives in coordination with protection staff, the senior management team, and ARC/QS Headquarters
- Develop project concept notes, proposals, and monitoring and evaluation plans and strategies and ensure timely and high quality implementation of the work plan in coordination with field teams
- Ensure that all interventions are in compliance with international law, SPHERE protection standards, and national policies.
- Participate in cross-departmental collaboration and coordination in order to ensure that linkages between programs are made and programs gain from protection best practice·
- Ensure all internal and external narrative reports are of good quality and completed on time, promoting good understanding about projects with donors, other sectors, partners, and communities
- Provide Protection input on proposals from other sectors to ensure protection is mainstreamed across ARC/QS programming.
- Identify opportunities for, design and develop concept notes and proposals for further protection programming.
- Coordinate Protection assessments for proposal development and emergency response, including management of first response to IDP influxes
Coordination and Strategic Planning
- Provide strategic direction and vision to ARC/QS Protection programming in Syria.
- Regularly coordinate with internal program and operational stakeholders, the HQ Protection/GBV Technical Advisor, and other ARC/QS colleagues.
- Represent ARC/QS in high level and strategic meetings involving protection actors such as protection working group meetings and bi-lateral meetings.
- Develop and facilitate trainings on Protection, as well as internal workshops for strategy development.
- Provide continuous support to and ensure targeted capacity building of Protection Sector staff.
- Develop the Protection sector strategy for Syria in close collaboration with ARC/QS, ARC’s Protection/GBV Technical Advisor, other protection sector staff, and technical working groups.
EDUCATION, TECHNICAL SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Law, Human Rights or a Master’s degree in a related field preferred. Extensive protection-related work experience may substitute for advanced degree
- 2-5 years’ experience implementing protection programming including experience in emergency or post-conflict project management
- Thorough awareness and knowledge of the Syria crisis and protection challenges faced by IDPs in Syria, in addition to other operational challenges
- Demonstrated experience using international human rights standards in protection programming;
- Experience in capacity building and training highly desirable
- Strong strategic and analytical thinking and proposal writing experience required
- Strong demonstrated writing, editing, and analytical skills; ability to communicate clearly and efficiently
- Fluency in both Arabic and English, both speaking and writing, required
- Able to work in the Kingdom of Jordan
- Strong knowledge of GBV-related best practices and tools, including IASC GBV/Protection Guidelines, GBVIMS, SOPs, knowledge of Minimum Standards for Child Protection in Humanitarian Action, Caring for Survivors/Working with Survivors Training Tools, WHO Recommendations, etc.
KEY BEHAVIORS & ABILITIES
- Ability to work independently as well as a strong team player
- Ability to work remotely in coordinating and managing Protection activities in multiple sites
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, stressful environment
- Ability to interact with people at all levels, individually and/or in groups
- Available for regional travel in the Middle East, often at short notice
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, flexibility, ability to improvise
- Knowledge of and experience in working with and coordinating with international and national partner organizations (required)
- Ability to work independently and has ability to incorporate and open to constructive feedback
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines, effectively managing multiple priorities
- Flexibility and willingness to adjust to changing responsibilities or needs as they arise
- Cultural and gender sensitivity essential
How to apply:
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.