If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Kenya: Advocacy Manager
Organization: Kenya AIDS NGOs Consortium
Closing date: 14 Sep 2015
KANCO is a national membership network of organization with over 1000 Non-Governmental Organization (NGOs), Community Based Organization (CBOs), Faith Based Organization (FBOs), Private Sector, Research and Learning Institutions responding to HIV & AIDS, TB and other Public Health concerns in Kenya. It is also accredited as a Linking Organization with the International HIV & AIDS Alliance. Its mission is to provide leadership, promote collaboration and enhance capacity among Civil Society organizations (CSOs) and other stakeholders to respond to HIV & AIDS and TB at the community level.
KANCO is seeking to employ suitable persons for the following positions:-
1. ADVOCACY MANAGERFREE GIVEAWAY:- Amazon.com - Read eBooks using the FREE Kindle Reading App on Most Devices. Click above, enter your email, select new user, enter name, wait, add and finish. It's 100% FREE and a lifetime offer.
Responsible for Providing Technical Support for successful planning and implementation of TB and Nutrition programmes in line with National and International Advocacy standards.
To manage, organize and support all aspects of KANCO’s TB and Nutrition programmes in line with the TB and Nutrition Sector priorities and in collaboration with other partners including active participation in TB and Nutrition Sector Coordination Fora, other agency liaison, training and supervising staff using techniques and appropriate tools available
- Participating in the design, planning and management of TB and Nutrition Programs and taking on a supporting role in the implementation function.
- Lead and manage KANCO’s advocacy on TB and nutrition through identifying advocacy opportunities locally and globally including other related advocacy issues.
- Oversee designing, and implementation of projects, related to TB and nutrition policy and advocacy.
- Identify related policy gaps and take lead in policy advocacy both at the local and global levels
- Take lead in resource mobilisation initiatives for TB and nutrition advocacy from both local and global sources.
- Increase the profile of TB and nutrition among relevant stakeholders who include, CSOs, Government and media.
- Manage the TB and nutrition portfolio with the particular emphasis on creating and sustaining linkages between CSOs, Ministry of health and donors
- Maintain and expand KANCO’s national and global role in TB and Nutrition and related advocacy issues
- Provide overall management of the TB and Nutrition program and represent the organization in all technical working groups, meeting and TB and nutrition foras
- Linking with the ACTION partners on TB and Nutrition advocacy
- Collate and record data for monitoring and evaluation on TB and nutrition and ensure timely reporting.
- Build and strengthen media capacity in TB and Nutrition reporting and coverage
- Be the overall responsible person for development of the TB and nutrition advocacy work plan, its implementation and programmatic reporting
- Prepare and update of training material, guidelines, information-communication-education (IEC) material, and implementation tools
- Monitor and evaluate the progress and performance of projects to ensure they meet acceptable performance standard
- Managing completion of program deliverables.
- Promote members’ capacity to participate in Policy Development and Advocacy processes.
- Any other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor
- University degree in Nutrition or related social sciences
- Post graduate studies in Public Health, Nutrition or a related technical field will be an added advantage
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with at least 2 years of progressively responsible professional work experience in policy advocacy work.
- Experience in TB and nutrition and familiarity with latest developments.
- Experience in training, capacity building and community participation mechanisms
- Experience of a flexible approach to managing and prioritizing a high workload and multiple tasks in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines
- Experience of proactively identifying and addressing issues
- General knowledge of global health, TB and nutrition issues, and the current trends, methods and approaches required. Policies and strategy to address national and global health issues.
- Relevant experience in TB, nutrition and advocacy at the national level is desired
- High sense of integrity and Results oriented.
- Ability to communicate with tact.
- Ability to work independently and accurately.
- Strong communication skills, with excellent written and spoken English
- Excellent computer skills, including internet navigation, and various office applications
How to apply:
Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. Please submit a cover letter and a résumé indication your current and expected salary. Indicate the title of position on the subject line.
KANCO is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against: color, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion or belief, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, HIV/AIDS Status, and disability.
Applications to be sent to the Human Resource Office ONLY via email: email@example.com. Please do not attach certificates and testimonials at this point. Kindly note that only shortlisted persons will be contacted. Applicants who do not hear from us by 30th September 2015 should consider themselves unsuccessful
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.