If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Kenya: Chief of Party
Organization: Creative Associates International
Closing date: 13 Dec 2015
Position Location:Nairobi, Kenya
Background:Enter your email, select new user, enter name, wait, add and finish all using this Free.
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 15 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
Creative is seeking a Chief of Party (COP) for a U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) funded project proposal that seeks to address civic and voter education in Kenya. The Chief of Party (COP) is to be based in Nairobi, Kenya and will have overall management responsibility for the project.
Reporting & Supervision:
This position reports to the Program Director in the CIT Division or his designee.
The Chief of Party will be responsible for the technical leadership and in-country management of the project. S/he will oversee the long-term expatriate and local staff and short-term experts in achieving project results. S/he will undertake regular assessments of the broader political environment within which the project operates to ensure flexibility and rapid reprioritization of activities when necessary.
Other responsibilities include:
- Serve as principal liaison with U.S. Government representatives, Kenyan government counterparts and community stakeholders on program communications and technical implementation activities.
- Provide technical direction and leadership and oversight of all administrative matters.
- Provide technical support to the team in all program areas.
- Develop and implement work plans for project activities.
- Oversee implementation of project monitoring and evaluation activities and ensure that project results are met.
- Supervise development and submission of project deliverables and provide timely and accurate reporting and briefings to U.S. Government/Stakeholders on all program areas.
- Ensure compliance with all terms of the project contract and all relevant USAID and U.S. Government rules and regulations.
- Oversee implementation of Creative’s security protocols and provide leadership in handling security-related issues.
- Manage the program team in a manner that is open and respectful and encourages professional development, and solicits constructive staff input.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- At least 7 years’ experience as a chief of party or in a related management role.
- At least 10 years of relevant experience working for a USAID Contractor or international NGO; at least 5 of which should be in a supervisory capacity.
- Previous experience working in the region.
- Familiarity and experience working with U.S. Government.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in establishing systems and overseeing program start-up and close-out.
- At least 5 years of experience working with electoral administration, civil society programming, and community mediation.
- Experience with activity design, development, implementation and comprehensive monitoring and evaluation.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical capacity.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in a relevant field.
- Fluency in English.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience working with citizen engagement and oversight of political processes, especially as they relate to youth and gender.
- Experience working with partnership organizations, especially civil society organizations and/or government agencies.
- Experience in producing civic/voter education materials.
- Experience in developing survey tools and working with focus groups.
- Master’s degree from an accredited university in a relevant field.
This position is contingent upon donor funding.
How to apply:
Please apply online: https://rew21.ultipro.com/CRE1010/JobBoard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=*EFBD9518A6AD1A42
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.