If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Kenya: DATA ANALYST-EDUCATION
Organization: Concern Worldwide
Closing date: 20 Sep 2015
Concern Worldwide is an international NGO operating in 28 countries in Africa and Asia and has been working with the extreme poor in Kenya since 2002. Concern operates in five different sectors – Education, Health and Nutrition, Food, Income and Markets, Governance and Advocacy and also responding to emergencies. Its project locations include – the urban slums of Nairobi, the ASAL region; mostly in Marsabit as well as governance activities in Migori and Kisumu Counties.FREE GIVEAWAY:- Amazon.com - Read eBooks using the FREE Kindle Reading App on Most Devices. Click above, enter your email, select new user, enter name, wait, add and finish. It's 100% FREE and a lifetime offer.
Concern Education programme seeks to improve access to quality free primary education for the most vulnerable children. The programme is anchored on periodic quarterly and annual monitoring exercises to ensure quality and timely implementation of its interventions and realization of the following results among others: 1. Communities demonstrate that they value education and safety of all children. 2. County education structures deliver quality primary education. 3. Improved governance and management of 312 schools. 4. Improved implementation of free and compulsory primary education (Education act No. 14 of 2013).
The purpose of this assignment is to analyse SUCSEED project monitoring data for the month of January – July 2015 and compile a report responding to project indicators in the log frame as provided by the Assistant Programme Manager-Education.
Concern will provide data collected and uploaded using digital data gathering devices for all 7 months in form of CSV files. The consultant will analyse the data based on the indicators in SUCSEED project log frame and generate a narrative report with analysed data presented through; graphs, pie charts, trends, infographics and fact sheets.
This consultancy will be for 7 (seven) working days between 9th Sept 2015 and 18thSeptember 2015.
SUCSEED project monitoring reports submitted in the formats provided by and agreed with the Assistant Programme Manager-Education.
Agreed rates will be based on prevailing market competitive rates and value for money. In full consideration of the services performed by the consultant under the terms of contract, Concern Worldwide shall pay the consultant fees upon satisfactory completion of the assignment.
The Consultant(s) is not an employee of Concern Worldwide or its affiliates, thus no benefits or compensation are provided as part of this agreement.
The consultancy will be carried out under the guidance of the Assistant Programme Manager-Education and the leadership of the Programme Manager-Education. The consultant will work independently using his/her own laptop and office space.
- A degree in statistics, mathematics, economics, information management or relevant field with a strong project management, operational research and/or M&E
- At least five (5) years’ experience in statistical analysis, M&E, research or related field. Experience working in the development sector on Education matters is desirable. Experience with design, management and analysis of large-scale datasets and with analysis of stratified cluster samples and time series data analysis is essential.
- Proven competency in the ethical principles of research, statistical analysis and complex survey design and analysis
- Working knowledge of SPSS, STATA or R
- Excellent M&E, analytical and communication skills
How to apply:
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements must submit the following;
- A technical (indicate earliest date of availability to undertake and complete the assignment) and financial proposal quoted in Kenya Shillings (Kes) for the whole assignment
- Cover letter and CV (Demonstration of Capability) If quoting for an organization attach the CV of the Lead Consultant and any other personnel to be involved in the assignment
- A list of previous work done (Work Completion Certificates can be attached) including telephone and email contacts of three (3) referees who can validate technical expertise
- A (1) report of a similar assignment carried out by the Consultant
All applications must be sent, addressed to the ****HR Manager, Concern Worldwide, Nairobi,****to the following email address: email@example.com with the subject of the email as ‘Data Analyst-Education’
The closing date for applications is Sunday 20 September 2015.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Concern has a Code of Conduct and a Programme Participant Protection Policy to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants from abuse and exploitation.
****CONCERN WORLDWIDE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER****
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.