If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Kenya: Regional Researcher
Organization: Population Services Intl.
Closing date: 11 Oct 2015
Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization, with a mission to measurably improve the health of poor and vulnerable people in the developing world by influencing their behavior, principally through social marketing of family planning and health products and services, and health communications. PSI has programs in more than 60 countries and works in malaria, HIV, reproductive health, child survival, and tuberculosis. PSI's core values are a belief in markets and market mechanisms to contribute to sustained improvements in the lives of the poor; results and a strong focus on measurement; speed and efficiency with a predisposition to action and an aversion to bureaucracy; decentralization and empowering our staff at the local level; and a long term commitment to the people we serve. For more information, please visit www.psi.org. PSI Research & Metrics aims to improve the performance of PSI interventions through multi-disciplinary research and modeling on populations and markets. For more information, please visit: http://www.psi.org//resources/research-metrics.
PSI seeks a Regional Researcher for East Africa to provide support to PSI’s global mission. The Regional Researcher will provide strategic leadership, capacity building support, and technical assistance for monitoring and evaluation to multiple PSI programs in the East Africa region and will be based in Nairobi, Kenya. The position reports to the Senior Deputy Director, East Africa with a dotted line to the Evidence for Implementation Department.
The regional researcher collaborates across 11 PSI network members in East Africa (Ethiopia, South Sudan, Somaliland, Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Malawi, Rwanda, Burundi, Angola, and Mozambique) to:
- Oversee research monitoring and evaluation activities, including logframe development, study design, questionnaire development, data analysis, and dissemination;
- Design quantitative, qualitative, mapping, and marketing research studies in collaboration with country-level researchers and programmers;
- Build capacity among country-level researchers and partners to design studies, oversee data collection, and analyze/interpret/disseminate results;
- Work with country-level researchers to develop annual research portfolios and manage regional and local research subcontractors;
- Ensure studies are in compliance with ethical and internal quality standards;
- Support country research managers with dissemination of research results internally and externally;
- Work with the Regional M&E officer to develop data dashboards and promote use of routine data for programmatic decision-making;
- Assist with piloting and expanding use of newer technologies including mobile data collection, telephone surveys, etc.;
- Interface with research agencies to improve the quality of services provided within the region;
- Provide technical assistance to country platforms to build skills in interpreting research results and using evidence to guide marketing and program decisions and activities;
- Build skills among researchers and programmers in health impact metrics as outcome measurements and strategic decision-making tools; and
- Provide technical management of country-level staff, as appropriate
- Master’s degree (MA, MPH, MSc) in public health, behavioral sciences, population studies, psychology, communication, or a related field preferred; PhD a plus
- At least five years of professional experience in applied research, monitoring, and evaluation, including field experience in a developing country (experience in Sub-Saharan Africa preferred)
- Proven experience successfully building capacity in and mentoring researchers
- Familiarity with MIS systems and processes, particularly use of routine data
- Demonstrated ability to design, analyze, disseminate, and manage monitoring and evaluation of HIV/AIDS, family planning, malaria, or child survival programs
- Expertise with Stata and ability to conduct multivariate analysis
- Ability to develop partnerships with internal senior management, external donors, and NGOs
- Experience managing multiple studies and teams in a variety of environments
- Excellent analysis and writing skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of time within the East Africa region
- Fluency in English requiredEnter your email, select new user, enter name, wait, add and finish all using this Free.
Repertoire of desired expertise/skills includes:
- Experience in market research
- Knowledge of MIS systems, specifically DHIS2
- Experience analyzing qualitative data (in Atlas TI, NVivo, or similar program)
- Experience with mapping studies and GIS
- Experience with mobile health technologies
- Experience developing learning materials
- Health metrics analysis
- French or Portuguese language skills
Preference will be given to candidates with work experience in low-income countries, knowledge of public health issues and social marketing products. Familiarity with donor-funded international development projects preferred. Willingness to travel at least 50% of the time.
Short-listed candidate should be willing to undertake a data analysis/Stata/SPSS skills assessment.
- Level 6
Please apply online at www.psi.org. Population Services International is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender identity, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
How to apply:
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.