If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Malawi: Volunteer Coordinator
Closing date: 27 Oct 2015
help2kids is looking for a motivated candidate for the role of Volunteer Coordinator. Gain great experience working with a small NGO in Malawi!Enter your email, select new user, enter name, wait, add and finish all using this Free.
help2kids is a young, dynamic organization located in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania's largest city, which is situated on the Indian Ocean and in Lifuwu, a small village on Lake Malawi in Malawi. We help orphans by providing food, shelter, and lots of love at our children's home. We help the community by providing support to local primary and nursery schools. We promote sustainable development and socially responsible tourism by feeding the profits from our guest houses in back into our projects.
We are currently seeking a Volunteer Coordinator in Malawi to help with volunteer management, project management and various administrative tasks. In this role you would be responsible for all aspects of our volunteer program, including the application process, orientation, scheduling, and team-building events. This is a great position for someone who is passionate about children and volunteerism, and who is interested in gaining experience in the field.
- Coordinate all volunteer pre-arrival and post-arrival administration, including answering volunteer inquiries, updating volunteer platforms and calendars, following a step-by-step volunteer intake process, confirming airport pick-up, sending volunteer certificates, surveys, requests for sponsorship, etc.
- Create orientation and country introduction for new volunteers.
- Create and coordinate volunteer schedules, timetables, and meetings.
- Work with project managers to ensure that volunteers are integrated into projects, being useful, and having a good and meaningful experience.
- Help volunteers plan and implement events such as field trips, theme weeks, etc.
- Conduct site visits and provide on-site support to volunteers at our various projects.
- Provide constant motivation to volunteers and work to continually improve their experience.
- Assist with administrative tasks as requested.
- Work closely with staff in Malawi to ensure goals are met and overall success of the project.
Things we are looking for in the ideal candidate:
- Six month commitment, but longer commitment preferred
- Fluency in English (Additional languages – German, and / or French – preferred)
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills
- A passion for working with children and youth
- Ability to work with limited resources in a sometimes challenging environment
- Ability to cultivate enthusiasm in others
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Work well under minimal supervision and be self-motivated
- Work well with team of local staff, foreign staff and international volunteers
- Integrity, adaptability, flexibility and willingness to chip in where needed
- Be willing to live on-site at the Friendly Gecko Guesthouse in a private room
- Previous experience living in Africa preferred
- Drivers' license and willingness to drive organization's car (manual car)
- Living allowance of USD 100 per month provided.
- Food and accommodation provided.
- Private room on site.
- Laundry and cleaning service provided.
- Visa and residence permit provided (if international candidate).
- Work-related travel expenses compensated.
Sorry, but we cannot cover the cost of your international flight or health insurance.
How to apply:
Please send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and specify "Volunteer Coordinator" in the subject line.
We require the candidate to start by 16 November, 2015. Please indicate your available start date in your cover letter.
NO PHONE CALLS.
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.