If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Mali: Communications Specialist Consultant
Organization: Management Sciences for Health
Closing date: 31 Dec 2015
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) / System for Improved Access and Pharmaceuticals Services (SIAPS) Program is receiving funding from the USAID Mission in Bamako, Mali in order to assist the Malian Ministry of Health with strengthening the pharmaceutical management system of Mali. The MSH / SIAPS activities in Mali aim to build the capacity of the local institutions at national, peripheral and community levels of the health system in pharmaceutical management, and to improve coordination among them. Ultimately, MSH/SIAPS activities aim to reduce stock outs and wastage of medicines and other pharmaceutical products, as well as to improve the availability and accessibility of essential medicines to the Malian population, with particular attention focused on priority health products such those used for reproductive and sexual health, Maternal and child health ,malaria and HIV.
To achieve these goals, MSH / SIAPS collaborate closely with the Directorate of Pharmacy, the Directorate of Health Services, the Central Medical Stores, as well as national programs for malaria, and reproductive health. Additionally, MSH/SIAPS coordinates with local and international stakeholders in the fields of pharmaceutical policy, management of drug information, selection, procurement, distribution and rational use of medicines.FREE GIVEAWAY:- Amazon.com - Read eBooks using the FREE Kindle Reading App on Most Devices. Click above, enter your email, select new user, enter name, wait, add and finish. It's 100% FREE and a lifetime offer.
The SIAPS program is in its last year of implementation and is scheduled to conclude in September 2016.
Document the contribution made by SIAPS toward meeting USAID and the ministry of health goals of saving lives in Mali through pharmaceutical systems strengthening approaches, is essential.
SIAPS/Mali is looking for a communication specialist consultant to develop and disseminate communication materials for both internal and external stakeholders.
In consultation with the SIAPS technical management team, the consultant will work closely with in country project staff, MSH PHT Knowledge Exchange team, PHT M&E team and relevant counterparts to ensure that all communications activities meet SIAPS standards and are accomplished in an efficient, effective and timely manner. The Communications Senior Specialist will also support the project in the communication of project activities, reports and performance/achievements locally and internationally. He/She will report to the Senior M&E Advisor.
The communication products will provide an overview on the range of SIAPS activities, milestones, and results since the program’s inception.
- Develop and disseminate communication materials for both internal and external stakeholders.
- Assist the Project Management Team with writing and finalizing reports and other project deliverables
- Support the project in the communication of project activities, reports and performance/achievements locally and internationally.
- Ensure that all documents and reports are consistent.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Document and disseminate the project’s work and messages through planning, implementation and oversight of all project communication activities. Produce and disseminate communication materials such as fact sheets, success stories, publications, press releases, op-ed articles, letters to the editor, etc.
- Develop content for publication on SIAPS activities on a variety of communication avenues including MSH’s website, the marketplace, social marketing sites and other websites
- Review and edit project documents for style and content to communicate the project message.
- Build the communications capacities of SIAPS staff in the areas of writing, reporting and public speaking.
- Stay informed on all major issues in Mali’s public health sector relating to the program’s strategies, technical approaches and methodologies, activities, results and achievements, including best practices and lessons learned so that the project communication materials’ content is rich, diverse and well grounded.
- In collaboration with SIAPS Mali’s personnel, draft or edit, finalize and ensure the publication and dissemination of written materials on the project, on the health system and on the health needs of the Malian population, to ensure that the right information gets to the right audiences at the right time. Materials include reports, presentations, brochures, newsletters, press releases, speeches, briefings and update notes.
- Work closely with the SIAPS Mali M&E team to identify relevant data sources and information in support of the development of communication material.
- Ensure compliance with all USAID Cooperative Agreement reporting and branding and marking requirements.
- Oversee the development of SIAPS’s Mali’s photo library as well as of the project’s submissions to MSH’s Institutional Memory and USAID’s Development Experience Clearinghouse (DEC) to ensure that information and materials are easy to access.
- Work closely with the Arlington-based Communications Director for MSH’s Pharmaceuticals and Health Technologies (PHT) Group on campaigns, annual reports and other PHT communications activities. Provide new and/or updated written material related to SIAPS for MSH’s Website and Intranet.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Country Program Director.
- Produce success stories
- Translate key documents in French or English if requested
- Document and share best practices and project results with worldwide staff and appropriate external colleagues through conferences, the SIAPS intranet, SIAPS web site and other appropriate venues.
- Work with the SIAPS headquarters team to coordinate plans for disseminating information and project results.
- Follow all standard operating procedures for communications, as documented in Knowledge Tree, the project’s document management system.
- Ensure that all formal communications products follow the SIAPS brand and visual identity guidelines.
- Use appropriate SIAPS tools for communications and client relations.
- Assist the Project Management Team with inputs to any other quarterly reports and work plan review for HQ and the United States Agency of International Development (USAID) that may be requested.
- Master’s degree in public health, education, communication, journalism, public policy, international development or related field.
- Minimum 2-4 years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated ability and experience in preparation of success stories and technical reports;
- Excellent writing and editing skills for a variety of mediums and excellent interpersonal and public communication skills.
- Experience in international development and global health required, knowledge of medicines, international programs, strategies, donors and organizations strongly preferred.
- Experience in work that relates to program and government relations and stakeholder engagement
- Ability to network and facilitate strong working relationships between partners and project teams
- Understanding of knowledge management and experience adopting, adapting, and applying knowledge to communicate more effectively
- Demonstrated ability working as part of a team, as well as independently, and with multi-disciplinary professionals;
- Specific experience with USAID-funded programs preferred;
- Strong computer skills essential: knowledge of word processing, databases, spreadsheet, and presentation programs (Microsoft applications preferred); and ability to learn new software packages.
- Fluency in French and English required;
Communication materials, success stories, technical reports, quarterly reports.
The consultant can work remotely.
The assignment will be conducted over a period of 12 months to start on/around November 2015 to October 2016 for an estimated total level of effort of 120 days within the period.
Management Sciences for Health is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status.
How to apply:
Visit the MSH website to APPLY!
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.