How To Register A New Tin Number In Uganda? A TIN Number which is known as the Tax Identification Number is a number which is used by Tax Payers when it comes to paying things like government taxes for example motor vehicle registration taxes, insurance taxes, Import and Export taxes, Value Added Taxes (VAT), Company Taxes, Operational Taxes and many others, and is worldwide, each country has a Tax body which is known to handle such Tax related things for example the Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) for Uganda, the Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) for Kenya, the Internal Revenue Services (IRS) for United States and many others, and of which these institutions are set up by the laws of the corresponding governments.
In Uganda, the URA is a government of the republic of Uganda established body which takes on and handles the tax related functions such as tax collections, stamp duty collections and others and is the same organization which is responsible for applications, processing and issuing of the TIN Numbers or the Tax Identification Number. In the few coming lines, you will be able to learn how to go about the whole idea of registering, processing and acquiring your New Tin Number of the new numbered formats for example 1010101010 which did replace the older TIN number series of P-XX-1XX and which according to the new e-Tax payment services which was adopted by URA recently, every tax payer is required to have the new TIN number and depending on the type of TIN you need to register for example TIN Individual or TIN NON Individual.
What You Require Before Getting Started.
1. A computer with an internet connection.
2. MS Excel office program installed on your computer.
3. A working email address (Check how to get a free email address here)
4. A printer
5. A referee (a person who has an active TIN number of the new type)
How To Get Started With Your New URA TIN Number Registration.
1. Visit the URA Portal at ura.go.ug and go to download online forms.
2. For TIN Individual, download form DT-1001 and for TIN NON Individual, download DT-1002.
3. Save the downloaded forms on your computer or on a portal device like a flash drive.
4. First print a copy of your saved files for manual filling with the exact details.
5. Now open MS EXCEL and enable Macros (Check out on How to enable MS Excel Macros)
6. Fill in the forms as required and save the forms in the same format.
7. Now open the URA Portal again and go to register for taxes.
8. Choose the option you want depending on the forms you downloaded for example individual or non individual.
9. Scroll and select new form in the drop down menu list and upload your filled forms.
Upon successfully uploading the forms, you will be sent an auto generated email notifying you how your forms have been successfully submitted after which you should visit any nearest URA office for example Kampala South located at Old Kampala Mosque, Kampala North located in Bwaise (Mulago Kalerwe Round about and others like the URA Nakawa and hand in your manual printed forms for verification.
And once you are verified, you will be issued a New Tin Number and you will be able to pay your taxes easily. In case you have problems, post a comment below and get help.