If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Myanmar: Conflict Sensitivity and Peacebuilding Manager
Organization: Save the Children
Closing date: 13 Oct 2015
Save the Children is the world's leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children's lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.Enter your email, select new user, enter name, wait, add and finish all using this Free.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with c15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We're changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
Contract length: 12 months
The post holder will coordinate and implement conflict sensitivity and Do No Harm (DNH) activities ensuring that a systematic approach is taken, and continue to build capacity and provide support to integrate DNH and child safeguarding into ongoing humanitarian and development programming.
The post holder provides technical support and training to Progrmame Implementation (PI) and Humanitarian field staff operating in conflict sensitive areas; coordination with safety and security team to maintain and provide up-to-date information and analysis of how conflict and security issues might affect development and humanitarian programming; carry out research, local conflict assessments, and stakeholder analyses; work with staff to ensure oversight and technical support in conflict sensitivity to programs in Kachin/Northern Shan and Rakhine; oversee peacebuilding activities including work on youth media literacy in Rakhine; conduct conflict sensitive reviews of programming; support proposal development and writing of grants related to peacebuilding and conflict sensitivity; and work with the PI Director and senior management team (SMT) to roll out and embed Do No Harm (DNH) principles and conflict sensitivity into Save the Children Myanmar's approach to design, implementation, and analysis of its development and humanitarian portfolio.
Qualifications and experience
- Education to MA/MS level in Conflict Analysis, International Development, or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience working on international development programmes
- Previous significant experience working with partners and local government
- Previous experience in project management, implementing projects within agreed timescales and budget limitations
- Previous experience of advocacy activities related to conflict sensitivity and peacebuilding
- Experience of and commitment to working through systems of community participation and accountability in a conflict-sensitive context
- Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation
- Experience of training and capacity building staff
- Experience of representation and ability to represent SC effectively in external forums.
- Knowledge of institutional donors
- Ability to write clear and well-argued assessment and project reports
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong influencing skills
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- The capacity and willingness to be flexible and accommodating in remote working circumstances.
- Commitment to the aims and principles of SC. In particular, a good understanding of the SC mandate and child focus and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin our support
- Experience of working and living in Myanmar and familiarity with its culture
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
To see a full a job description, please visit our website at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
Please apply in English using your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role.
How to apply:
Application Email: Please apply with a covering letter and up-to-date CV to: 'firstname.lastname@example.org'
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.