If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Nepal: Senior Resource Management Officer
Organization: International Organization for Migration
Closing date: 22 Sep 2015
OPEN TO INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL CANDIDATES
Classification : Professional Staff, Grade P4FREE GIVEAWAY:- Amazon.com - Read eBooks using the FREE Kindle Reading App on Most Devices. Click above, enter your email, select new user, enter name, wait, add and finish. It's 100% FREE and a lifetime offer.
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Reference Code: VN2015/66(P)-EXT
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM has a proactive recruitment policy to increase the representation of nationals of non- represented member states. Qualified applicants from the following countries will be favourably considered:
Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Belize, Benin, Botswana, Cambodia, Cape Verde, Czech Republic, Comoros, Djibouti, El Salvador, Gabon, Gambia, Guinea, Guyana, Holy See, Iceland, Israel, Lesotho, Libya, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Maldives, Malta, Marshall Islands, Montenegro, Micronesia, Mongolia, Namibia, Nauru, Norway, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Republic of Congo, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, Seychelles, Somalia, Suriname, Swaziland, Tanzania, Timor Leste, Trinidad and Tobago, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen
Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged.
Under the direct supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM) in Nepal, in coordination with the Regional Resource Management Officer for Asia and the Pacific, and in collaboration with relevant units at Headquarters (HQs) and Administrative Centres (Manila and Panama), the successful candidate will be accountable and responsible for managing, monitoring and administering the financial, budgetary, human resources, procurement, and administrative functions of the Mission and its sub-offices.
*Core Functions / Responsibilities:*****
- Plan and monitor the financial management of all activities of the Mission and supervise/coordinate the preparation of financial and donor reports and budgets, including oversight of financial expenditures and accountability.
- Undertake financial analysis of projects, identify risks, and initiate mitigating measures in coordination with project managers.
- Ensure implementation of and adherence to internal controls to prevent fraud and mismanagement. Develop and implement Mission-specific internal control systems.
- Coordinate and oversee day-to-day financial, human resources, procurement/logistics, IT, and other administrative activities in the Mission and its sub-offices.
- Supervise management of the treasury by forecasting cash flows according to activities in the Mission and ensuring daily control of funds disbursed (including due regard to the impact of foreign exchange fluctuations); ensure funding is received in accordance with donor agreements.
- Prepare the annual budget for the Mission, oversee the budget control process, and analyse variances between budgeted and actual expenditures. Review budgeting processes for new programmes.
- Inspect payroll versus budgets, ensuring that salaries are correctly allocated to projects consistent with IOM’s projectization policy.
- Assist the CoM in managing the human resources function and make recommendations on recruitment and personnel administration of staff in the Mission. Interpret and apply Human Resources policies, rules, and regulations and make recommendations for resolving difficult or sensitive cases.
- Supervise the procurement and logistics services, including contracts with suppliers of goods and services. Oversee the management of the fleet of vehicles, the maintenance of buildings, and the functioning of all support services.
- Supervise and train staff on IOM administrative and financial policies and procedures.
- Support and provide guidance to other units and staff on matters related to IOM administrative and human resources issues, internal regulations, and interaction with local institutions, with a view to enhance their knowledge for the smooth running of the mission’s operations. Liaise with relevant units in HQs, Administrative Centres and the Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific to obtain/forward information and coordinate activities.
- Participate in the senior management team in the development and implementation of short- and long-term management objectives and goals. Liaise with project managers regarding funding levels of ongoing activities and estimated funds coming in through foreseen future activities.
- Undertake duty travel to provide administrative support to sub-offices and resolve problems/issues as requested by the CoM and/or project managers.
- Provide support to the CoM and project managers in answering any queries raised regarding the correct allocation of programme funds. Provide any requisite documentation, including for auditing purposes.
- Represent the Organization at relevant high-level inter-agency meetings as required.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- Takes responsibility and manages constructive criticism;
- Works effectively with all clients and stakeholders;
- Promotes continuous learning; communicates clearly;
- Takes initiative and drives high levels of performance management;
- Plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Displays mastery of subject matter;
- Contributes to a collegial team environment;
- Creates a respectful office environment free of harassment and retaliation, and promotes the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA);
- Incorporates gender-related needs, perspectives, and concerns, and promotes equal gender participation;
- Displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
- Effectively applies knowledge of multiple financial disciplines to monitor and manage the work of staff;
- Effectively applies knowledge of relevant financial discipline;
- Develops/ follows internal control procedures to prevent fraud and mismanagement;
- Ensures application of institutional financial policies and guidelines;
- Advocates incorporation of financial considerations into processes and procedures;
- Effectively applies knowledge of relevant Human Resources theories and practices, and Recognizes their application within existing IOM processes;
- Delivers Human Resources solutions customized to the needs of IOM;
- Anticipates and understands internal and external issues and opportunities that may impact the human resources landscape of IOM;
- Adapts best Human Resources practices to the requirements of IOM to facilitate the achievements of strategic objectives.
****Emergency and Crisis****
- Works effectively in high-pressure, rapidly changing environments;
- Coordinates actions with emergency response actors and making use of coordination structures;
- Supports adequate levels of information sharing between internal units, cluster partners, IOM and other emergency response actors;
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with implementing partners;
- Makes correct decisions rapidly based on available information.
*Required Qualifications and Experience*****
- Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Public Administration, Business Administration or a related field from an accredited academic institution with eight years of relevant professional experience; or
- University degree in the above fields with ten years of relevant professional experience.
- Professional certification as Chartered Accountant or Certified Public Accountant is an advantage.
- Management experience at the international level, accompanied by a background in finance, accounting, budgeting, and human resources management;
- Field experience, including liaison with governmental and diplomatic authorities and international institutions, an advantage;
- Knowledge of International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) and SAP highly desirable;
- Knowledge of IOM/UN accounting systems, software and procedures a distinct advantage;
- High level of computer literacy, in particular, experience in computerized accounting systems and software.
Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of Nepali is an advantage.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment
system, by September 22, 2015 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly filled in and submitted with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application in your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 08.09.2015 to 22.09.2015
Requisition: VN 2015/66 (P) – Senior Resource Management Officer (P4) – Kathmandu, Nepal (54664014) Released
Posting: VN 2015/66 (P) – Senior Resource Management Officer (P4) – Kathmandu, Nepal (54664023) Released
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.