If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Netherlands: Communication intern to support the CRAFT Fair Taxation Project
Organization: Oxfam Novib
Closing date: 11 Nov 2015
Oxfam Novib is a world-wide development organization that mobilizes the power of people against poverty.
Oxfam Novib is looking for anEnter your email, select new user, enter name, wait, add and finish all using this Free.
Communication intern to support the CRAFT Fair Taxation Project
6-12 months for 3 days per week
Objective of the position
Oxfam Novib is currently looking for an intern to support the CRAFT Fair Taxation project in the field of communication and project management tasks.
Oxfam Novib and Tax Justice Network-Africa together with other country based partners in Uganda, Mali, Senegal, Nigeria, Ghana, Egypt and Bangladesh developed the Capacity for Research and Advocacy for Fair Taxation (CRAFT) program with a view to achieve accountable, fair and pro-poor tax systems.
Tax revenues in developing countries fall short of what realistically could be obtained when analyzing their actual potential and capacity, both in terms of efficiency and progressiveness. As a result, inequality increases and as public goods are not sufficiently funded, the most fundamental human rights such as the right to food, health or education cannot be guaranteed. Within the CRAFT project civil society organizations are strengthened to play a meaningful role in improving tax policies and practices in the targeted countries.
The CRAFT project is managed from The Hague and maintains a website (www.maketaxfair.net) for communication and alliance building purposes. The intern will manage the website content (in English and French), support the project leader in project management tasks and will produce a diverse range of communication products for internal and external use. The intern will work together with colleagues in The Hague and in the Country Offices and with partner organizations around the world.
- Manage the contents of the www.maketaxfair.net website, write updates on advocacy efforts globally and in countries (in English and French) C
- Communication with our partner organizations, promoting their events, reports and stories on the website, (English and French);
- Occasional English-French translations.
- Update social media, document and analyse website visitors, twitter followers and how CRAFT activities are being picked up by (social) media;
- Draft written materials for internal and external communications;
- Edit, update and layout project products for publication;
- Support in project management tasks.
- Are an university or HBO student in the field of communication, or another relevant study with a focus on communication (the internship is also available for recent graduates, only then the internship allowance is not applicable)
- Have strong (written) communication skills;
- Are a team player, but also able to finalize tasks independently;
- Have professional proficiency in English and French;
- Knowledge of tax policy is an asset.
Working at Oxfam Novib in The Hague will provide you the opportunity to be part of an international team motivated to work for a just world without poverty. This intern position will provide insight into what working in the field of sustainable development entails and requires, including a working relation with country offices and partner organisations in several African and Asian countries. You will be based in The Hague for 3 days per week for a period of minimal 6 months, starting as soon as possible. The internship allowance amounts to € 250,- per month (gross on basis of 36 hours/week); this allowance is only applicable for students for whom this internship is a integral part of their studies (letter of university or college required).
How to apply:
Are you interested? Send your application in English to firstname.lastname@example.org with reference “Intern CRAFT” to the attention of Ilse Balstra, no later than 11 November 2015. Make sure to include:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation Letter
- For the internship allowance: a letter of a University or college stating that this a regular internship.
Further information about the internship can be obtained from Ilse Balstra, phone number: 070-3421946.
Applicants must be Nationals of a European Union member State or have a valid work permit for the European Union.
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.