If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Niger: Chief of party
Closing date: 22 Oct 2015
Chemonics seeks a chief of party for the anticipated five-year, USAID- and NASA-funded SERVIR project. SERVIR aims to increase resilience to climate change by expanding the use of geospatial technologies for environmental adaptation and landscape management in Ghana, Burkina Faso, Senegal, and Niger. SERVIR will strengthen the capacity of regional partners and institutions to integrate geospatial technologies into development decision-making. The chief of party will be based in Niamey, Niger. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide overall project leadership, management, and technical direction while ensuring compliance with USAID requirements, U.S. government regulations, and Chemonics policies and procedures
- Liaise with the USAID/West Africa mission, civil society organizations, and other local partners to coordinate activities and facilitate monitoring and reporting of project objectives and achievements
- Facilitate processes that bring multiple stakeholders together to engage in complex policy issues and stimulate collective action on identified areas of concern
- Identify issues and risks related to project implementation in a timely manner and suggest appropriate program adjustments
- Manage and supervise the work of project personnel, subcontractors, and grantees, with a focus on core results, achievement of work plan and targets, and timely implementation
- Serve as the official point-of-contact for the activityEnter your email, select new user, enter name, wait, add and finish all using this Free.
- Master's degree in a relevant field such as GIS/geography, natural resources management, climate change, sustainable development, or international development
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience in managing scientific/technical projects, producing new scientific tools, work planning, and controlling budgets
- Familiarity with USAID policies and procedures related to program management
- Knowledge of the political, social, cultural, environmental, and development context of West Africa based on field experience
- Ability to lead multidisciplinary teams while developing a common vision
- Ability to build a client base and partnerships, particularly in the private sector, and work with regional stakeholders, including senior government officials, on sensitive topics
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and French
How to apply:
Send electronic submissions to WAservirrecruitment@chemonics.com by October 22nd, 2015. Please include Chief of party in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
In addition, please download and complete Chemonics’ equal employment opportunity self-identification formand submit it separately to EEOselfidentify@chemonics.comwith only "SERVIR -Chief of party" in the subject line. If you prefer not to disclose your sex, race, or ethnicity, you may check “I do not wish to complete the information requested.” Thank you for completing the form and supporting our equal employment opportunity reporting requirements.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.