If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Pakistan: Consultant Infant and Young Child Feeding Emergency Guidelines
Organization: UN Children's Fund
Closing date: 27 Nov 2015
Purpose of assignment:
To develop an Infant and Young Child Feeding emergency (e) guidelines for the roll out of IYCF practices during emergencies.Enter your email, select new user, enter name, wait, add and finish all using this Free.
Pakistan is facing high burden of acute and chronic malnutrition and micronutrient deficiencies among children and pregnant and lactating women. According to National Nutrition Survey (NNS, 2011), an estimated 15.1% and 44% children under the age of five year wasted and stunted respectively. High rate of acute and chronic malnutrition is associated with high morbidity and mortality among children. Suboptimal IYCF practices is one of the main causes for high rates of stunting.
According to Pakistan Demographic and Health Survey, 2012-13, only 38% children are exclusively breast fed (1% increase from PDHS 2006-07), while one in five children is exclusively bottle fed. However, 84% of children 6-8 months followed by 83% of children age 9-11 months are still being breast fed. By the age of 20 -23months this percentage declines to 56%. (PDHS 2012-2013).
According to SMART survey, 2014, in Sindh, only 29.8% mother knew that breast feeding should be started with in first hour, while 64.9% mentioned that colostrum should be discarded and majority of those (80%) responded that it is dirty. Another assessment conducted by NGO, reported reduction in exclusive breast feeding after drought under emergency. Multiple assessments have shown that under emergency conditions, IYCF practices generally compromised and use of formula milk increase due to many reasons (one of the most important reason is the distribution of formula milk as donations/gifts during emergency condition).
There is gradual scaled up of nutrition program in last few year with focus on the most vulnerable and emergency affected districts in all four province.
Current IYCF program coverage is linked with CMAM programmatic coverage. CMAM program is encompassing the establishment of IYCF corners with IYCF messages dissemination. A more systemic approach toward IYCF intervention is lacking in both emergency and non-emergency prospective.
IYCF strategy is currently under the process of development. Pakistan’s e-IYCF guideline is also lacking. These gaps are hindering the systematic planning, programming and implementation of IYCF under emergencies.
Under ECHO HIP 2015, UNICEF Pakistan will focus on the development of Pakistan e- IYCF guideline with the support of International consultant.
The consultant will be based in Islamabad with frequent travel to provinces and will work closely with Nutrition Working Group (NWG) at national level, Ministry of National Health Services Regulation and Coordination (MoNHSR &C), UNICEF offices and partners.
Task to be Performed**
- Draft and finalize an inception report with a detailed activity plan and time frame guided by this ToR and share a copy with the Nutrition Section and Nutrition Department of MoNHSR&C for their review and endorsement.
- Carry out the implementation of the inception report / activity plan to deliver expected consultancy outputs; specifically review of existing literatures on IYCF in Emergencies, best practices & lesson learns, infant feeding and HIV, existing IYCF Strategy, and other relevant national / international documents as deemed necessary, in close coordination with the MoNHSR&C Nutrition unit, Nutrition Section, UNICEF County Office.· Field travel to Sindh and KP for field visit to observe IYCF activities under emergencies intervention
- In consultation with all relevant partners, draft the national IYCF e guidelines.
- Present the draft emergency guideline in a consensus building workshop with the stakeholders, incorporate comments and produce final documents
- Develop final draft guidelines and action plan for the roll out of the IYCF community interventions · Conduct a validation workshop to present and discuss the final draft of the Emergency IYCF guideline with representatives of stakeholder groups and key partners.
- Make revisions on the emergency IYCF guidelines based on the suggestions from validation workshop and submit final emergency IYCF guideline to UNICEF and later to MoNHSR&C for final endorsement.
- Inception report with detailed activity plan and time frame (Work plan) – (1st two weeks of December 2015).
- Two field report submitted – (Last two weeks of December and whole month of January 2016).
- Zero Draft of IYCF emergency guideline
- Workshop report
- Final draft of IYCF emergency guideline ·
- Validation workshop report – (February 2016).
- Final IYCF emergency guideline submitted after incorporating the inputs from all stakeholders in validation workshop.
- Final consultancy completion report
Estimated Duration of Contract:Duration of the contract is 3 months.
Qualifications or Specialized Knowledge/Experience Required**
Master’s degree in community health, community medicine, public health nutrition, medicine, nursing and midwifery, social science, or other relevant discipline, preferably with master’s degree in nutrition and/or public health
At least 5 years’ experience on IYCF guideline development and implementation in a similar or related context.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
Creative thinking, drive for results and strong commitments.
Good inter-personal relationship skills even in diverse work environment.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are requested to clearly mentioned "Consultant Infant and Young Child Feeding Emergency Guidelines" in the subject of email and send CV on email@example.com.
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.