If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Sierra Leone: Sierra Leone – WaSH Coordinator – Freetown
Organization: Solidarités International
Country: Sierra Leone
Closing date: 30 Sep 2015
Desired start date: Mid of September
Duration of the mission:3 months
MISSIONFREE GIVEAWAY:- Amazon.com - Read eBooks using the FREE Kindle Reading App on Most Devices. Click above, enter your email, select new user, enter name, wait, add and finish. It's 100% FREE and a lifetime offer.
You can find all the information about the Solidarités International (SI) Sierra Leone's mission here:
How the mission is organized:
Freetown: With the launch of the Bonthe district project, the SI Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) Response Coordinator – in charge of coordinating the EVD response with national level platforms, all stakeholders and MDM Freetown coordination – is being replaced by a coordination team of four expatriates comprised of a Head of Mission, a Support Coordinator, a WASH Coordinator and a Logistics supply.
Moyamba: The ETC became a holding centre in April 2015 with 70 national staff and six expatriates on site, scaled down from 150 national staff and 7 expatriates. The current team of six expatriates includes an Admin, a Logistician, three IPC Managers and a WASH Team Leader. 1 additional IPC Manager and 1 additional logistician should be recruited, pending the validation of the last concept note submitted to DFID mid-May 2015.
Bonthe: Three expatriates – Field Coordinator, WASH Program Manager and a Logistician – and twenty two national staff will be based in Matru Jong, Bonthe district.
Specific context of the area in which the expatriate will be working:
SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL is firmly committed to staff safety, security and well-being. Specific procedures and protocols are in place for the Ebola response at both HQ and field levels. These include:
- Pre-departure preparation: Ebola training, general briefing, medical check-up and psychological briefings (individual and team work);
- Support during the mission (medical and psychological support) as well as strict adherence to infection prevention and control measures;
- Post-mission follow-up including: general debriefing, psychological debriefing and a 21-day surveillance.
The WASH Coordinator, as technical advisor on the mission, contributes to the development of Solidarités International’s strategy by developing and proposing sector-based strategies in the field of water supply, hygiene and sanitation.
He/she specifically guarantees the quality and suitability of proposed technical approaches and ensures the appropriateness of WASH activities and general SI objectives to the needs of the local populations.
He/she coordinates the project cycle and more particularly the operational monitoring of WASH programmes implemented.
He/she contributes to the process of capitalization and the improvement of Solidarités International’s WASH methods and techniques.**PROFILE**
- University level degree, preferably a Master degree in Water Sanitation and Hygiene related sector, Engineering, Environment and/or Geology.
- Minimum 3 years overseas experience working with an international humanitarian/development NGO, with strong programme management, team management and financial management experience;
- Previous experience in a coordination position, e.g. field coordinator, WASH coordinator, Emergency coordinator or similar position;
- Experience of working in emergency response is an asset;
- Proven management ability, including ability to motivate and develop skills of team’s members;
- Proven ability to deal with donors and operational partners;
- Proven ability to develop adapted humanitarian vision and strategy.
- Experience in conducting technical assessment and project evaluation
Technical skills and knowledge:
- Strong coordination and management skills
- WASH programming experience
- Strong knowledge of donors’ policies and guidelines;
- Excellent redaction, organizational and planning skills;
- Strong knowledge of the project cycle management;
- Strong knowledge of the humanitarian principles;
- Stress management skills: ability to work under pressure, able to prioritize and handle a diverse and heavy workload.
- Fluent English: speaking, reading and writing skills
Salaried post: According to experience from 2000 euros gross per month, plus 10% annual leave allowance paid monthly, and a monthly Per Diem of 780 USD. Solidarités International will cover accommodation and travel expenses from the expatriate’s home country to the site of the assignment.
Social and medical cover: Expatriates benefit from an insurance package which reimburses all healthcare expenses (including medical and surgical expenses, dental care and ophthalmological expenses, repatriation) and a welfare system including war risks. Essential vaccination and antimalarial treatment costs are refunded.
Vacation: During the assignment, a system of alternation between work and time off is implemented at the rate of one break every three months. For a one-year assignment, the expatriate will have a 7-day break during the 3rd and the 9th month (with 500 euros allocated by Solidarités). He or she will also be entitled to go back to his or her home country for a 14-day period after six months spent on the mission (Solidarités will cover travel costs).
CONTACT: Kien Vy LAM, Recruitment & Follow Up Officer
How to apply:
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.