If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Solomon Islands: WASH Adviser (Solomon Islands)
Organization: Scope Global
Country: Solomon Islands
Closing date: 13 Oct 2015
WASH Adviser (Solomon Islands)
Pacific Technical Assistance Mechanism 2 (PACTAM2)
· Adviser Remuneration Framework (ARF) – C2
· 12 month roleFREE GIVEAWAY:- Amazon.com - Read eBooks using the FREE Kindle Reading App on Most Devices. Click above, enter your email, select new user, enter name, wait, add and finish. It's 100% FREE and a lifetime offer.
· Based in Honiara, Solomon Islands
Poor sanitation and hygiene contribute to the disease burden and high levels of malnutrition in the Solomon Islands. Support the Environmental Health Division (EHD) of the Ministry of Health and Medical Services (MHMS) to expand the delivery of WASH services in partnership with civil society, churches and the private sector. You will be accountable to, and managed by the Director of the Environmental Health Division, MHMS.
This role is expected to commence in January 2016 for a period of 12 months.
· Provide management support to the Director (EHD) and Rural WASH (RWASH) team
· Support the EHD and RWASH team to plan, deliver and monitor WASH activities
· Support the EHD to transition the RWASH team from a WASH implementation approach to an oversight, coordination and regulatory role
· Degree in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering or relevant field
· Minimum of 5 years of experience working in WASH sector, including experience in research and development
· Sound knowledge of RWASH systems, demand-led approaches, and effective methods for supporting WASH delivery (preferably in a Melanesian context)
· Demonstrated ability to plan, manage and implement WASH programs with a number of mechanisms including NGO’s, public-private and community based contracting
· Experience managing commercial relationships including contract development and negotiations
· Experience in financial management
· Demonstrated planning, project management, analytical and reporting skills
· Proven success in individual and organisational capacity development and sustainability of efforts, particularly the ability to share knowledge, mentor and coach people with a view to transfer skills (preferably in the Pacific Island region)
· Remuneration in line with the ARF – C2
· Mobility and accommodation allowances
· Flights, medicals, and insurance
· Pre-departure briefing and in-country orientation
· Ongoing assignment monitoring and support
Scope Global – Engaged in the present to develop the future
Scope Global is a specialist project management company with people as the focus of its program delivery. We have a history of successfully managing projects in the international development and international education sectors.
The Pacific Technical Assistance Mechanism Phase 2 (PACTAM2) is an Australian Government initiative, funded through the Australian aid program and managed by Scope Global. It places highly skilled Advisers with Partner Governments in participating Pacific Island countries to build capacity and to meet identified human resource needs. If you are interested in other PACTAM2 opportunities and would like to receive updates, please register your interest.
How to apply:
Scope Global recruitment operates under equal employment opportunity principles and laws. We encourage appropriately qualified and experienced people to apply regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, physical ability or beliefs.
Applications will only be accepted via our online application system. For more detailed information on the position and to apply online, please visit http://pactam2.scopeglobal.com/
Applications close midnight ACST Tuesday 13th October 2015. No late applications will be accepted.
For more information contact a member of our team at recruitment.PACTAM2@scopeglobal.com
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.