If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Somalia: Education Coordinator-GEC
Organization: Relief International
Closing date: 30 Nov 2015
Position: Education Coordinator-GEC
Location: Garowe, PuntlandEnter your email, select new user, enter name, wait, add and finish all using this Free.
About RI: Relief International (RI) is a leading global change organization and home to teams of humanitarian activist-professionals committed to transforming adversity into renewal for the world’s most vulnerable populations. By partnering with beneficiaries and communities on the front-lines, RI innovatively bridges the gap between immediate relief and long-term community development.
Reports to:Deputy Program Director- GEC
Duration : 2 years
Position Summary: Relief International requires an enthusiastic, creative individual to lead and coordinate education program activities in an exciting project, promoting girls’ education in Somalia.
The project, *Educate Girls, End Poverty*is being implemented by a consortium led by Relief International and funded by DFID. Apart from leading the consortium, RI is implementing the project in 80 MoE schools in Puntland. The overall purpose is to enroll more girls in school, inspire them to stay in school, and make sure they graduate with the knowledge necessary to break the cycle of poverty. The Girls Education Challenge (GEC) Education Coordinator would play a key role in this project, both in relation to the development and implementation of work-plans, technical quality and effective coordination & liaison with relevant stakeholders within the education sector ensuring the results of girls’ education in Somalia are achieved as per the project outline.
Further, the role would require active coordination with consortium partners to ensure quality & standards are adhered to, as well as working closely with Relief International staff in Somalia, the UK and the US.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
We need a dynamic, innovative and technically sound person for this position to lead an exciting and challenging programme Girls' Education Challenge. This position will be the key position for achieving the goal of making Relief International a leading organization in the country in Education, achieving dramatic impact on the lives of girls, children and communities.
Planning and Program Design and Implementation
- Work closely with the Deputy Program Director in the preparation and regular review and updation of the implementation plan;
- Ensure the program implementation in the operational areas are in line with GEC implementation plan;
- Ensure the Implementation Plan is reviewed regularly to capture the local context and views of various stakeholders (including Ministry of Education);
- Significantly contribute to the growth of the portfolio for the developmental and longer-term Education Program;
- Together with the members of the Education Team, assist the Deputy Program Director in designing programs/projects emanating from the Country Education Strategy, based on lessons from experiences within and outside Somalia; and consistent with the requirements or program quality;
- Ensure that the corresponding regional plans (operations plans, detailed implementation plans) translating the GEC Implementation Plan into a set of actions, are developed with the full participation of the stakeholders in a timely manner;
Situation Analysis, Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
- Ensure quarterly 'Milestones' are achieved;
- Ensure the Deputy Program Director has access to all information required to comply with all required reporting to RI country and regional offices, HQ, donors etc;
- Working closely with the M&E Specialist, support the Deputy Program Director in development of the system for monitoring, research, evaluation and documentation; ensure the effective implementation of this system for learning and program development;
- Ensure timely monitoring & evaluation of the program as well as its different components as per agreed standards and quality;
- Draft/review reports for Deputy Program Director as required by the Fund Manager/Donor and other stakeholders in compliance with standards set by RI;
- Analyze and compile field reports and support the development and direction of the country education program accordingly;
Technical Quality & Support
- Actively participate in different technical and working group mechanisms within education sector in Puntland to contribute to and ensure compliance with the Education Sector Strategic Plan, policies and procedures;
- Keep abreast of the latest technical development in Education sector either through own learning, or through technical advisers, and ensure that applicable methodologies and technical breakthroughs are incorporated in program design and delivery;
Partner Strengthening and Capacity Building
- Lead on building the capacity of NGO/CBO partners in delivering on common objectives to tackle the challenges in Girls' Education in Puntland/Somalia;
- Build senior staff capacity in linking with partners to sources for Education programming capacity building within and outside of Puntland/Somalia;
Communications, Lobbying and Advocacy
- Working closely with the Communication and Campaigns Officer of GEC and the Education Team, review and refine the Communication & Campaign Plan and ensure effective support to build the capacity of key national staff to implement this plan and deliver the communication and campaigns agenda;
- Actively support establishment of a network of I/NGOs and other civil society groups, or respond to opportunities for strengthening existing networks, for furthering the GEC communications & Campaigns Agenda at the Zonal and National level;
Financial Management/Grants Compliance
- Working closely with the GEC Finance Manager ensure that you and all direct reports comply with financial monitoring standards and that they meet monthly budget variance targets as well as budgeting and reporting requirement of RI/GEC and the Fund Manager/Donors;
- Ensure that payment by results (PbR) compliance is strictly adhered to
- Improve the skills of direct reports to develop partner organizations' capacity to comply with the provisions of the partnership agreement;
Human Resource/Team Building
- Build a cohesive Education Program Team, while developing the skills of individual members;
- Ensure that all staff under the GEC/Education Program comply with all relevant RI policies and procedures with respect to child protection, health and safety, equal opportunities and other related policies;
- Work closely with the Area/Field Manager in managing the field teams ensuring strengths and weaknesses both in terms of personnel and programming, are identified and addressed;
- Comply with organizational policies and practices of RI especially financial, procurement, health and safety, equal opportunity and other relevant policies and procedures;
- Comply with the requirements of RI's Child Protection Policy to ensure maximum protection for children;
- Ensure the effective and efficient use of all RI resources in order to ensure value for money (VfM) and ensure fairness and safety in the workplace;
- Other duties as directed (Obviously this needs to only include duties that could be reasonably expected to be carried out by someone with the skills, experience and seniority associated with the job in question).
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Masters Degree in Education, humanities, development studies or related field, or Bachelor's degree with demonstrated experience.
- Strong technical understanding & capacity in Education programming;
- At least three (3) years' experience in developing and managing Education programme at a senior/national level;
- Proven skills in leading, managing and mentoring teams;
- Superior skills in proposal development;
- Experience and knowledge of national education system(s)
- Experience and understanding of Monitoring and Evaluation systems
- Commitment to realizing children’s rights;
- Good written reporting skills
- Proven experience in managing people
- Commitment to Relief International’s mission and vision and a passion for promoting girls’ education;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Exceptional ability to work within the context of a challenging/fragile environment:
- Previous work experience in Somalia or similar context;
- Computer literate – Microsoft Word & Excel
- Experience in working in fragile contexts within Africa
We would like to share Relief International's Values with you:
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
- Transparency and Accountability
- Agility and Innovation
How to apply:
For consideration please visit http://chc.tbe.taleo.net/chc01/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=RI&cws=4&rid=721 and submit all of the following: a detailed CV, cover letter, salary history, and a list of 3 previous supervisors (including email address, Skype contact, and telephone number).
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.