If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Somalia: Grants Manager
Organization: Creative Associates International
Closing date: 29 Nov 2015
Position Location:Mogadishu, Somalia
Background:FREE GIVEAWAY:- Amazon.com - Read eBooks using the FREE Kindle Reading App on Most Devices. Click above, enter your email, select new user, enter name, wait, add and finish. It's 100% FREE and a lifetime offer.
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 15 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
Creative Associates seeks a Grants Manager for an upcoming USAID project. The Grants Manager will be responsible for providing administrative and technical guidance to the Chief of Party and staff on the design of grant applications, guidelines, and regulations for the large grants mechanism. The Grant Manager will monitor all grant activities and sub-grantees and ensure that the project complies with USAID performance reporting requirements.
Reporting & Supervision:
This position reports to Chief of Party.
- Analyzing and evaluating grant submissions for technical and budget soundness and compliance with USAID regulations, recommending award actions to the contract team;
- Coordinating the issuance of awards and maintain contract documentation through the development and upkeep of a grants database;
- Providing direct technical support to the programs primary local NGO partner and sub-awardee;
- Coordinating closely with the DCOP-Programs to ensure grants fit within the overall program goals and objectives;
- Instill a team-oriented environment among grants unit staff and develop grant unit staff capacity through individual mentoring and staff training; and
- Preparing scheduled and special reports, studies and analyses regarding the small grants program.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum six (6) years of experience in management position;
- Minimum four (4) years of experience in managing large grants facilities in fragile contexts, preferably in sub-Saharan Africa;
- University degree in a relevant field desired, but not required;
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience working preferably in a fragile or transitional state environment or security-challenged environments;
- Previous experience working in the Horn of Africa and on transition programs in insecure environments is desirable but not required; experience working on Somalia is highly desirable, but not required;
- Proficiency in Arabic and/or Somali language skills is an advantage but not required;
- Master’s degree in relevant field desired but not required.
Local and regional candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
This position is contingent upon donor funding.
How to apply:
Please apply online: https://rew21.ultipro.com/CRE1010/JobBoard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=*4584950CCF604470
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.