If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Somalia: Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and HAP Assistant
Organization: Danish Refugee Council
Closing date: 15 Sep 2015
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) has been providing relief and development services in the Horn of Africa since 1997.Using a protection of human rights framework, DRC has mainly focused on Somalis who are displaced by conflict. The program includes protection, livelihoods, food and NFI distribution, water and sanitation, and advocacy amongst others.
There are 4 main program offices in Somali region, one in Yemen, one in Ethiopia and one in Kenya regional office in Nairobi. There are also non-operational region wide initiatives, focusing on advocacy and capacity building, which are supported from the Nairobi regional office. Currently there are over 250 DRC staff in the region. The last two and half years have seen some growth in program size, but primarily there has been a growth in the number of support and management functions demanded and required by the program offices in order to maintain
PURPOSEEnter your email, select new user, enter name, wait, add and finish all using this Free.
• Together with M&E leaning officer Act M&E/HAP focal person.
• Lead M&E/HAP unit of Baidoa north and south
• Be the focal point for the beneficiaries’ complaints mechanism and ensure that complaints are dealt with through the appropriate channels.
• Focal person of leading Baseline survey, impact assessment and monitoring as well as MEP follow to ensure that staff sticking on it.
• To support and guide the program staff on quality assurance to ensure the following of project goals objectives and planned indicators.
• Support DRC staff on raising awareness of the people in important issues of their life so as to improve their livelihood.
• Coordinate and communicate with M&E HAP / M&E/HAP Somalia.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES M&E.
- Together with M&E/HAP unit Baidoa, program officer, program staff, implement Monitoring and Evaluation Plans for DRC programs/projects according to the specific goals and indicators set up for the individual programs/projects in order to ensure that appropriate information is being captured to measure progress, outputs and impact.
- With close cooperation of M&E Leaning HAP Officer Assist DRC staff with developing effective and appropriate tools for baseline studies, impact assessment etc. of all DRC programs/projects on a continuous basis according to the specific indicators set for the individual programs/projects.
- To support program staff for all aspects of program cycle that include baseline surveys, project design, and reporting mechanisms that links with HAP benchmarks and implementation of a high quality and accountable projects to beneficiaries and Local administrations.
- Do regular update on project MEP, and share with Program coordinator, Program staff, management, and M&E Technical Coordinator of Somalia.
- Support field staff for beneficiaries’ registration, mobilization and G.A.D. analysis.
- To support field monitoring, counting indicators to feed in to the data base and share information with M&E unit of Galkayo and Puntland generally.
HAP and Monitoring and evaluation plans
• Together with M&E L Ensure MEPS are developed and followed in each project component and alert relevant head of department with any challenges or obstacles.
• Monitor and review the projects’ adherence to the HAP standards especially the use of the complaint response mechanism, information sharing to beneficiaries and participation of beneficiaries in the project cycle
• Collaborate with the registrar of the complaint response mechanism regarding response and investigation of complaints
• Periodical support and update the Galkayo Humanitarian Accountability Framework to ensure the tracking and good practices.
The position reports to the Deputy Area Manager.
Commitments:DRC/DDG has a Humanitarian Accountability Framework, outlining its global accountability committments. All staff are required to contribute to the achievement of this framework into the work of DRC/DDG (http://www.DRC/DDG.dk/HAF.4265.0.html)
• University/ degree of social work.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in similar position with an international organization preferably
• Good command of spoken and written English and Somali
• Excellent organizational skills, self-motivated and efficient
• Very honest and trustworthy person.
• Excellent computer skills – especially Excel.
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in similar position with an international organization preferably
How to apply:
Qualified candidates who meet the required qualifications should send their applications including a one-page cover letter that explains why they are suited to achieve the job responsibilities and CV to email@example.com Please indicate “**M&E assistant”**as the subject heading.
Closing date: 15th September 2015
ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. THE POSITION IS OPEN FOR SOMALI NATIONALS ONLY.
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.