If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In South Sudan: Country Operations Manager
Organization: Management Sciences for Health
Country: South Sudan
Closing date: 30 Nov 2015
The Manager of Country Operations has primary responsibility for ensuring that MSH operations in South Sudan, Juba are functioning efficiently and effectively, and aligns to support attainment of project results and client expectations.
Specific ResponsibilitiesFREE GIVEAWAY:- Amazon.com - Read eBooks using the FREE Kindle Reading App on Most Devices. Click above, enter your email, select new user, enter name, wait, add and finish. It's 100% FREE and a lifetime offer.
- Develop and execute responsive and appropriate operations management systems (for office management, local procurement, fleet management and logistics, consultant and subcontractor administration, etc.) in line with local laws and regulations, MSH policies and standard operating procedures, and donor requirements.
- Lead and manage the operations functions by aligning staffing and systems with country projects and available resources to provide timely, cost effective, and high quality support and administrative services to all MSH country-based projects and activities.
- Ensure that all MSH in-country projects receive equitable, effective, timely, cost-effective, and high‐quality financial management, accounting, operations and administrative support to all MSH in-country projects, in full compliance with local laws and available resources, and in an environment with adequate internal controls, adherence to contract/award regulations, MSH policies and standard operating procedures.
- Participate in routine management team meetings, and attend other meetings which are relevant to the operations activities, including country Operations Support Team (OST) meetings.
- Coordinate execution of internal/external operations, financial or program reviews or audits, and ensure timely follow up to review or audit conclusions and recommendations that are relevant to operations, in collaboration with the OST.
- Coordinate and collaborate with the Operations Officer and country OST to achieve resolution of pending operations issues, questions and home office operations support requests. Communicate with other MSH HQ-based parties (Centers, projects, corporate offices), as needed to ensure proper consultation and notification of important information and issues.
Compliance and Risk management
- Ensure that strong internal control systems are in place, and that MSH Code of Conduct and MSH’s Zero Tolerance practice are well understood by all staff in country.
- Assist Country Representative/ Lead to conduct regular and thorough risk assessments in country, and to monitor success of risk mitigation and risk control activities.
- Ensure appropriate segregation of duty in all procurement and payment activities within all MSH offices in country.
- Ensure that systems are in place in country to ensure that operations are managed and staff act in full compliance with local laws, adhere to contract/award and donor requirements, and comply with MSH policies and standard operating procedures. Systems are in place to:
- Ensure that appropriate staff members are aware of and understand laws, contract/award and donor requirements, and MSH policies and procedures
- Monitor compliance
Financial Management services
- Ensure timely and accurate submission of required financial management reports and other related information as required, to the [COUNTRY] Team Lead, other Project Directors, Operations Officer, the country OST, Centers, projects, or corporate offices. Ensure that all project and country teams receive high quality, accurate and timely financial support (budgeting and forecasting, financial analysis, financial monitoring and reporting). Ensure that appropriate Service Level Agreement (SLA) is in place between the Country Operations Management Unit (COMU) and projects, and that the SLA is well understood and respected. Ensure swift conflict resolution and manage workload to ensure that financial functions support the efficient and effective implementation of each program’s technical scope of work, and those resources are allocated and used in compliance with contractual requirements, applicable regulations, and appropriate standards and procedures. Partner with MSH’s Atlas Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) unit in HQ to ensure proper financial management oversight and control. Maintain open communication with the FP&A unit.
- Responsible for establishing a country operations budget that allows a scalable and effective approach focused on value for money as well as that complies with MSH guidelines and policies. Responsible for obtaining budget approval by the Country Leadership Team.
- Responsible for monitoring country spending.
- Ensure that payments are processed accurately, timely, and safely (to minimize MSH’s risk exposure).
- Ensure that treasury practices in country minimize MSH’s cash exposure.
- Ensure that entries are entered into financial system accurately and timely.
- Ensure that month and year-end accounting activities are done accurately and in compliance with MSH policies and procedures.
Procurement and Purchasing
- Manage purchase of common commercial goods and services.
- Manage procurement or contracting actions delegated to COMU.
- Manage customs and Import control for goods procured outside the country.
- Manage local consultant agreements
- Provide administrative supervision to all COMU staff and be accountable for their performance management Assess staff capacity and determine needs for staff capacity building and development to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the COMU in country, including in satellite offices.
- Assess and adapt COMU size and composition to allow efficient and effective operations, as needed.
- Work with the [COUNTRY] Team Lead and other Project Directors to ensure that human resource functions are coordinated with the Human Resources Partner/Manager for [Country/Region] and US MSH Human Resources Management office.
- Promote and facilitate development of COMU staff and sustainable systems, and participate in international cross-fertilization and knowledge exchange among other country operations groups where possible.
Facilities and Office Services
- Manage MSH offices and facilities to ensure a safe, efficient, and appropriate working environment for all staff.
- Manage general office services including guards, cleaning services, etc.
- Manage Information Services.
- Oversee property and asset management.
- Oversee insurance, inspection, registration and operations for all MSH vehicles in country.
- Manage and plan vehicle maintenance
- Hire and train drivers and monitor performance
- Analyze and monitor vehicle and fuel usage and standards and report on any issues
- Schedule use of fleet as per MSH policies
In-Country travel and Logistics Services
- Coordinate and oversee travel payments and logistics for all MSH in-country travel.
- Manage and monitor lodging, transportation, per diem and associated payments, including those related to participant training, study tours, in-country events and workshops.
- Set local per diem policies and rates and ensure compliance and standards.
- The ideal candidate should have a minimum of a Master’s degree in business administration, financial management, and accounting or other relevant discipline or equivalent experience; and at least 7 years’ experience in financial management and accounting, experience working at a senior-level managing complex health or development programs in developing countries on a similar scale. Significant operations and financial management experience in South Sudan is strongly preferred.
- S/he should have experience managing significant USG-funded programs and comprehensive knowledge of applicable regulations and requirements. Demonstrated success and familiarity experience in South Sudan laws and regulations is particularly relevant.
- The successful candidate should have demonstrated leadership and management skills with experience in mentoring and supervising staff at all levels within the organization. In addition, s/he should have strong leadership, analytical and organizational skills demonstrated by an ability to work both independently and within a team, assess priorities, and manage a variety of activities with attention to detail.
- Demonstrated experience in building and maintaining partnerships with other projects, local organizations, host country governments, donors, and international agencies is required.
- The candidate should have excellent conceptualization, facilitation, negotiation and planning skills. The candidate must be comfortable working within teams. S/he should possess outstanding professional reputation and have strong demonstrated interpersonal and oral presentation skills coupled with excellent cross-cultural communication and active listening skills.
Management Sciences for Health is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status.
How to apply:
Visit the MSH website to APPLY!
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.