If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In South Sudan: County Coordinator – Magwi
Organization: American Refugee Committee International
Country: South Sudan
Closing date: 30 Oct 2015
POSITION TITLE: County Coordinator – Magwi
COUNTRY PROGRAM: South Sudan
RESPONSIBLE TO: Head of Programs
STATUS: Full Time
SUPERVISORY CAPACITY: Project staff, Finance Officer, logistics team
DATE: October 2015
DEPARTMENT/COUNTRY PROGRAM DESCRIPTION/MISSION
Operational in South Sudan since 1994, ARC implements a multi-sectoral program that includes water and sanitation, primary and reproductive health care, HIV/AIDS and gender based violence prevention and response, and activities geared towards creating economic opportunities for returning populations.Enter your email, select new user, enter name, wait, add and finish all using this Free.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The County Coordinator is directly responsible for overseeing and scaling up ARC’s Primary Health Care project which will be implemented using a “county based service delivery model”. Upon successful approval of the Health Pooled Fund (HPF) program, the County Coordinator will be responsible for rapidly scaling up key project activities including developing the project work plan, hiring relevant staff, overseeing the procurement of needed supplies, initiating stakeholder meetings with the SMoH, County Health Department (CHD), Boma Health Committees, CBOs, and FBOs to introduce the project and to clearly define roles and responsibilities.
Overall the County Coordinator is responsible for providing key technical expertise, program management and supervision for the successful implementation of the HPF project. S/he will have a minimum of 3 years of program management experience and a strong public health background with a focus on health systems strengthening and capacity building. The County Coordinator will work closely with the CHD on strengthening capacity of CHD staff and health providers, establishes clear systems and protocols to ensure essential primary health care services are of quality and meet standards and protocols as outlined in South Sudan’s Basic Package of Health Services.
This position will also ensure that all aspects of finance, logistics and operational systems are established. This position will play a key role in managing project staff, providing programmatic oversight ensuring that all activities are implemented according to the project work plan and in accordance with ARC policies and donor guidelines.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
Technical Leadership and Guidance: 50%
- Build the capacity of ARC’s PHC project staff. Coordinate and facilitate trainings for project staff and health personnel to strengthen their skills in areas of clinical service provision, staff management, and routine data collection and reporting.
- Ensure the availability and utilization of effective systems for quality standardized primary health care services, program planning, implementation and evaluation. Ensure that standard procedures and protocols are practiced.
- In collaboration with the national counterpart, prepares quantitative and qualitative reports of all health activities according to donor and DHIS/ROSS MoH reporting guidelines.
- Establish protocols and systems for drug management and ensure that facilities have constant supply of essential medicines and equipment. Follows up drug consumption to reported cases.
- Develop training plans on key MCH topics.
- Develop BCC strategy and community outreach strategy to increase demand and uptake of services.
- Provide technical oversight in the integration of PHC and RH activities in other sectors
- Travels frequently to ARC project sites for joint-supervisory visits with the County Health Department.
Program Management– 30%
- Develop and track work plans and action plans.
- Ensure progress towards established indicators.
- Review BVAs on a monthly basis and make adjustments to activity plans accordingly. Ensure proper budget spend down of health programs.
- Develop reporting tools for data collection and ensure that reports are submitted on time.
Representation/Advocacy – 20%
- Meets frequently and shares regular information with the lead organizations for the HPF project (Crown Agents, INGOs, CBOs and FBOs as well as providing regular meetings with the County Health Department (CHD) and SMoH representatives will also occur.
- Advocates for quality PHC services both at facility and community level.
- Represent ARC in quarterly partner meetings, donor and other health related forums, MoH meetings etc as prioritized by the Sr. Health Coordinator.
- Performs any other duties assigned by the Sr. Health Coordinator and or any other Senior Management.
EDUCATION, TECHNICAL SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- Public Health Professional; MPH degree and clinical background preferred.
- At least 3 years of experience in managing PHC, MCH programming with a strong background in Health System Strengthening, Community Based Health Services and M&E; preferably in Africa
- Strong coordination and leadership skills with proven ability to work across multiple technical areas simultaneously, supporting and mentoring multiple staff members.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Health Information Systems, and Primary and Reproductive Health Care concepts.
- 3 year of experience in project management, managing budgets, developing procurement plans and strong report writing skills required.
- Must be fluent in English.
KEY BEHAVIORS & ABILITIES
- Highly motivated self-starter who takes direction well, but also works independently.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines, effectively managing multiple priorities.
- Prior experience working in Africa.
- Extremely flexible with the ability to cope with stressful situations
- Willingness to work and leave in a remote hard to reach environment
- Willingness to frequently travel and live in remote and security difficult situation.
- Cultural sensitivity essential.
- Excellent representation skills and ability to negotiate and work closely with hospital administrators and MoH staff.
- Excellent coordination and communication skills.
How to apply:
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.