If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In South Sudan: Medical Coordinator – South Sudan
Organization: MENTOR Initiative
Country: South Sudan
Closing date: 12 Oct 2015
The MENTOR Initiative is a specialised NGO with a focus on vector borne diseases. In South Sudan MENTOR is highly regarded and seen as the go-to agency for malaria mosquito control. We are looking for someone to join this exciting programme as a Medical Coordinator.
The Consultant’s services are required to assist the MENTOR Initiative in the overall implementation of the project in the provision of emergency vector borne disease control services for vulnerable communities in South Sudan. The consultant will assist the project in the design, delivery, management and reporting of malaria and other VBD control case management activities. He/she will be entrusted with the critical task of ensuring the programme achieves its case management objectives in accordance with the programme grants/awards and The MENTOR Initiative guidance/guidelines.Enter your email, select new user, enter name, wait, add and finish all using this Free.
The consultant will report to the Country Director in the various tasks set forth:
- Ensure the compliance of The MENTOR Initiative South Sudan Emergency Response Programmes for all grant contract obligations to delivering technical capacity building, coaching activities for malaria and other VBD case management and in line with the programme objectives and the changing context on the ground.
****Training and Supporting Health Facilities to Build Access in Effective Case Management:****
- In close collaboration with MENTOR HQ and CD, prepare, organise and deliver (multiple times) a technical training of South Sudanese medical staff (primarily in Bentiu but may also be in various field locations) for the diagnosis and treatment of a range of VBD’s including malaria, dengue, visceral leishmaniasis, yellow fever and any other VBD, as deemed locally appropriate, with a section of the training outlining differential diagnoses. Plan, train, supervise and manage The MENTOR Initiative national medical managers and other MENTOR medical staff, ensuring that they follow the work plan and activities set in the programme objectives.
- Plan, train, supervise and manage medical managers to ensure that on-site technical coaching and supervision for malaria diagnosis and treatment is conducted for all health facilities concerned, to reinforce health worker best practice, and patient care.
- Train and assist local and international NGO staff, and other health organisations, to design and deliver effective differential diagnostic and treatment services for VBD as required.
- As far as possible, monitor access to supported services and quality of services provided through partners/health networks in target areas, to ensure effective use of resources.
****Reinforcing Epidemiological Monitoring and Reporting:****
- Train local public health staff in surveillance protocols and techniques, data collection and reporting.
- Ensure effective monitoring and analysis of Health Facility data to identify areas with ongoing epidemics, or with high risk of epidemics.
- Provide technical support and leadership in the Health Cluster, to reinforce malaria epidemiological reporting in South Sudan.
Develop and share malaria and other VBD epidemiological reports with partners.
****Ensuring an Emergency Commodity Supply Chain:****
- In close collaboration with the MENTOR Initiative logistical team, organise for the set-up of an emergency stock of malaria medications and materials including rapid diagnostic tests for malaria and for a range of VBD’s.
- Review partner case load data, assess epidemic level/risks, and assist health partners to calculate and plan their stock requirements for drugs and materials.
- Manage the distribution (mapping and recording) of malaria drugs, VBD rapid diagnostic tests and materials directly to health facility teams across affected areas, plus to health partners, or during epidemics or as a ‘loan’ to partner agencies.
****Ensure effective IEC amongst target communities:****
- Plan and develop with the Prevention Coordinators standardised health seeking messages that are culturally acceptable and effective for use in IEC campaigns.
- Ensure the onward training of health staff and partner organisations to deliver the IEC messages as needed.
- Work closely with the Prevention team in the co-ordinated design and implementation of IEC programme activities with partner organisations.
****Ensure Effective Technical Representation and Co-ordination of Partners:****
- Represent The MENTOR Initiative at technical and medical health meetings with NGO, UN and national partners to help inform and support a co-ordinated approach to malaria and other vector borne disease control in the South Sudan emergency.
****Ensure Effective Clinical Activity Planning and Reporting:****
- Plan out the weekly / monthly emergency clinical support activities and estimate the resources required, with relevant input from other managers.
- Co-ordinate related case management human resources in co-ordination with the CD.
- Assist in the creation of viable new proposals and budgets in liaison with the South Sudan Emergency Programme CD.
- Participate in developing relevant medical aspects of weekly, or more frequent planning meetings. Prepare relevant medical sections for weekly, monthly/quarterly, and other ad hoc reports.
- Development of relevant medical sections in other reporting required by grant contracts.
- These reports will include some form of data analysis so that trends can be seen and if necessary responded to.
- These reports shall include identification of areas of weakness and strengths and recommendation for improvement in implementation and performance of the related tasks.
- The Consultant will also be required to submit a final report detailing the overall accomplishments, challenges and analysis of the ways to achieve ongoing objectives in relation to the programme.
- Support the South Sudan Emergency Programme CD in the planning and delivery of assessment missions when required.
- Coordinate with and support the Prevention Coordinators and prevention team by directing their activities towards areas with high malaria case loads.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the CD and agreed with the HQ Program Manager and/or the Director.
- Potential transfer to a similar role in another MENTOR team/programme, by mutual consent.
Qualified doctor, senior nurse of other similar related VBD trainer
Proven capacity to train others
Flexible and willing to learn
Practical, hands on approach
Familiarity with NGO working environments and standard procedures.
Excellent team worker and communications skills
Ability to work long hours
Honest, conscientious and reliable
How to apply:
CV and letter of motivation to email@example.com
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.