If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In South Sudan: Monitoring and Evaluation Manager
Organization: Population Services Intl.
Country: South Sudan
Closing date: 14 Oct 2015
PSI South Sudan seeks qualified candidates for the position of Monitoring & Evaluation Manager responsible for leading and coordinating M&E components of all projects. She/he will manage PSI’s M&E systems in Juba and field sites, including timely data collection (routine and survey), providing direction and guidance to PSI South Sudan M&E staff to develop staff capacity. The Monitoring & Evaluation Manager will work closely with PSI Program Managers for Child Survival Program (ICCM+Nutrition), LLIN and WASH assisting with M&E and research deliverables and providing feedback to improve program quality. This is a full time position reporting directly to the Malaria and Child Survival Technical AdvisorFREE GIVEAWAY:- Amazon.com - Read eBooks using the FREE Kindle Reading App on Most Devices. Click above, enter your email, select new user, enter name, wait, add and finish. It's 100% FREE and a lifetime offer.
****Detailed Duties and responsibilities****
Management & Capacity Building
- Supervise coordinator and officer level staff in the M&E department. This includes monitoring and coordinating time schedules, developing work-plans with staff, and building capacity to maximize productivity*.*
- Provide support to M&E Coordinators including travel to field sites to provide supervision of research and monitoring activities and assuring timely and accurate reporting.
- Recruit and train M&E Coordinators and Officers.
- Provide supervision and support for the monthly stock count process, including review of Closing the Loop reports and quality improvement for these systems.
- Support M&E coordinators to design and maintain appropriate and easy to use data-collection and data-entry tools.
- Prepare and facilitate trainings for PSI and contracted data collection staff on tools and data collection techniques in collaboration with Program Managers and MCS Technical Adivisor
- Supervise data flow procedures (data-cleaning, data-collection, entry, and analysis) to ensure timely reporting and meeting of deadlines.
- Work with partners to build capacity on data collection in the field, data-entry and reporting.
- Provide administrative support for the Research and M&E Department.
- Manage data flow processes for PSI programs and assure timely monthly reporting.
- Perform regular data quality audits and quality assurance processes, provide recommendations on how to improve overall data quality, and give feedback to field staff and program managers.
- Work closely with MCS Technical Advisor, Coordinators and Program Managers to analyze data collected in order to understand how program implementation is progressing, and to offer suggestions on how to ensure programs achieve strong results and meet targets.
- Support the sharing of data-analysis results and finalized donor reports with relevant staff in the M&E department, including field-based staff, to ensure that they are regularly updated on program achievements and progress.
- Work alongside the Research and M&E Technical Advisor to analyze data collection outputs using software such as SPSS, GIS and DHIS.
- Support coordinator level staff in the development and monthly production of program dashboards.
- Support the development of quantitative and qualitative research study designs.
- Support proposal development for new research initiatives alongside M&E Technical Advisor.
- Monitor progress of study designs undergoing the Ministry of Health’s Ethical Review process.
- Supervise enumerators during data collection, ensuring that minimum standards are met with regards to sampling and interviewing.
- Draft reports for research activities with support from the M&E Technical Advisor.
- Conduct dashboard to decision making sessions to create the link between research findings and program quality improvement.
- Disseminate M&E and research findings and results to Ministry of Health and other stakeholders on a routine basis.
- Maintain regular communication with identified counterparts at Ministry of Health (national, state and county levels) as indicated by the M&E Technical Advisor (such as monthly email updates for Research, M&E Director).
- Represent the Research and M&E Department at stakeholder forums (such as the M&E Technical Working Group).
- Act as an M&E focal point for the Ministry of Health with regards to research activity.
- Liaise with community based organizations (CBOs) and key informants to identify research participants.
- Work with local research agencies to outsource contracts.
- Perform any other related duties that may be assigned by the M&E Technical Advisor.
- South Sudanese national
- Master’s degree preferred in a health-related or social sciences discipline
- Strong M&E and research skills
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience
- Background in quantitative and qualitative research methodologies
- Demonstrated experience with developing and using M&E tools
- Ability to devel op effective working relationship with government entities and other partners
- Excellent organizational abilities and interpersonal skills
- Computer skills mandatory (Microsoft Word, Excel, Access)
- Experience in design and implementation of logistical procedures for data collection in South Sudan
- Ability to travel on a quarterly or monthly basis as needed to field offices to provide technical support and oversight for M&E and research activities
- Proven ability to develop and manage projects to deadlines
- Experience implementing facility and community based M&E activities Fluency in spoken and written English
All applications must also contain the contact information for three referees who can speak to the candidate’s previous work, preferably direct supervisors (family members not allowed as referees). This contact information must include phone and email addresses as well as relationship to applicant. CVs without at least three email address of direct supervisors will not be considered.
Due to the urgency of the position: PSI-South Sudan may review the CVs on rolling basis before the closing date.
How to apply:
****Submit to:****HR Department via email at email@example.com
Or with hardcopies at PSI reception in Tong Ping
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.