Have you lost your motor vehicle or motor cycle number plate in Uganda? Are you having very old and bad looking car registration pates and looking towards to getting a duplicate but stranded and knowing no where to get started? This blog post will help you take you through the different step by step tutorial on how to get started, where to start from and how the whole procedure goes provided you take time to read it entirely.
In Uganda just like many other countries, its the work of Revenue Authority and in this case the licensing officer sitting in any of the URA branches for example Nakawa to ensure that those who want to have their duplicate number plates processed do it basing on what reason one may have in applying for a duplicate number plate.
Whether you lost either of your number plates, just wanting to replace them due to wear and tear (bad look) or any other reason, below are the steps you need in order to get started.
Lost Number Plate Procedures
1. Start by reporting to the nearest police station.
2. Visit any newspaper and place an Advert of your number plate loss.
3. Visit the Licensing office a any URA branch with the above (usually after 14 days) and make an application for a duplicate number plate.
4. Get the assessment forms, pay the required amount to the bank and head to the number manufacture as directed by the licensing office.
5. Pay the required number fees and return to URA on the date of collection to pick your duplicate number plates.
Replacement Number Plate Procedures
1. Visit the Licensing officer and request for duplicate number plate assessment. Tell the reason why you want to replace for example numbers too old to be read.
2. Go to the bank and pay the required amount and take back the payment slip to the same officer.
3. You will be told to go to the number manufacture and make a duplicate number payment.
4. Return to URA office at the agreed day with your old number plates, hand them in and pick your new numbers.