If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Syrian Arab Republic: Deputy Communications and Transport Manager (Syria Based)
Country: Syrian Arab Republic
Closing date: 30 Sep 2015
General Description of the Programme:
GOAL has been working in Syria since 2012, responding to the acute needs of conflicted affected communities. GOAL is working in Idlib Governorate delivering food, non-food and cash voucher programming to highly vulnerable populations. GOAL is working closely with local partners in the delivery of its intervention.Enter your email, select new user, enter name, wait, add and finish all using this Free.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage daily the Communications Operator and GOAL security guards on a daily basis.
- Prepare and document daily travel plans for all GOAL teams’ movements in the field.
- Make sure that all GOAL teams understand GOAL’s Communication policy and SOPs.
- Give safety and security briefing to new staff, and give weekly updates to all team members.
- Liaise directly with the Deputy AC and safety and security advisor in Antakya office on a daily basis to update on GOAL Syria Program security issues.
- Manage the weekly travel plan with the Harim and Darkoush teams and ensure that team travelling have the appropriate equipment as required per GOAL safety procedures.
- Ensure that safety and security equipment is well maintained and functional which includes First aid Kits and Fire Extinguishers.
- Keep a data base of all health facilities in the GOAL Areas of Operation complete with contact information.
- Liaise with Local Councils and Other stakeholders in a timely manner to make sure that GOAL’s activities in the field are going on smoothly.
- Maintain communications equipment and ensure that all communication systems are functioning, inclusive of internet communications, mobile phones and Thurayas.
- Submit weekly security reports and daily incidents/updates to Antakya office.
- Keep an up- to- date tracker of all incident reports and areas where GOAL can and cannot work for security reasons.
- Any other responsibilities as required by Safety and Security Advisor, Antakya office and the Deputy Area Coordinator.
Requirements (Person Specification):
· Good spoken and written Arabic
· Good spoken and written English
· Good Computer skills – Word and Excel
· Desirable technical skills, including setup, of Thuraya base units.
· Excellent communication skills.
· The ability to record, keep and pass accurate messages is essential.
· Ability to work under pressure and react to emergency situations in a calm and logical manner.
· The Ability to work with the team and support them when it is needed.
· Sensitivity to gender and diversity issues in work practices.
How to apply:
please apply in English by sending your up-to-date CV with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org that the job title and location of the role are clearly stated in the subject line of your email/letter. Thank you for your interest.
Only shortlisted candidates will be Contacted.
GOAL has a Staff Code of Conduct and a Child Protection Policy, which have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants and children from exploitation. GOAL also has a confidentiality policy ensuring the non-disclosure of any information whatsoever relating to the practices and business of GOAL, acquired in the course of duty, to any other person or organisation without authority, except in the normal execution of duty. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to these policies any job offer made is also subject to a reference check. GOAL is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications equally from both men and women.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document.
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.