If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Syrian Arab Republic: Senior Driver
Organization: World Food Programme
Country: Syrian Arab Republic
Closing date: 29 Sep 2015
VA No. 093/2015Enter your email, select new user, enter name, wait, add and finish all using this Free.
The Office of the United Nations World Food Programme in Syria is currently seeking a qualified candidate for the following post:
Issuing Date13 September 2015
Closing Date 29 September 2015
Post Title Senior Driver
Duty Station Tartous
Contract Type Fixed Term
Duration One Year
Duties and Responsibilities:
Within delegated authority, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
· Provide transportation to senior WFP staff, high ranking UN officials and visitors including translation of basic conversations from/to the local language, and the delivery and collection of various items following authorized routing and UN safety and security rules and regulations to ensure safe and efficient services.
· Plan and assign the routes and schedules for other Drivers, to support efficient transport-related services for clients.
· Meet official personnel and visitors at the airport or other entry points and provide basic assistance with visa and customs formalities, to facilitate smooth and safe entry and arrival to the authorized destinations.
· Responsible for accurate maintenance of the vehicle log books, and daily reporting to the supervisor on mechanical status to ensure efficient vehicle use and fuel consumption supporting accurate accounting and cost-efficiency.
· Efficiently plan and coordinate WFP vehicle maintenance to ensure vehicles are fully equipped with required travel authorizations and supplies, assigned equipment on board is in a good condition to support safe and efficient services.
· Follow established rules and regulations for field deliveries and/or in cases of an accident, and report immediately to the supervisor on any apparent problems, to seek for instructions and facilitate informative decisions on the way forward.
· Outside driving duties, perform basic office related tasks such as filing, photocopying and maintaining stores when required including mailing service and payment of office telephone and other bills, to ensure administrative support to clients.
Completion of secondary school education. Formal drivers training with a valid driver’s license/certification to operate assigned vehicle following local rules and regulations.
Three or more years of work experience as a Driver preferably in an international organization, embassy or UN system with a demonstrated safe driving record. Experience in driving a variety of makes and models of vehicles, including vans, trucks and other kinds of motorized vehicles. Experience in defensive driving is desirable.
Knowledge and Skills
· Knowledge of driving rules and regulations, chauffeur protocol and courtesies, local roads/waterways and conditions, and security issues.
· Good understanding of transport services and ability to coordinate routes and schedules for other Drivers.
· Knowledge of driving/boat operating rules and regulations whichever applicable.
· Knowledge of safety standards and safety equipment (e.g. fire extinguishers, buoyant wearable safety devices, etc.)
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
· Ability to assess vehicles for mechanical fitness and skills in minor vehicle repairs.
· Knowledge of the vehicle loading capacity and other parameters.
· Knowledge and ability to use radio, email, telephone and other applications.
· Basic skills to assist in case of emergency, knowledge of first aid basic methods.
· Ability to demonstrate a client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy and tact.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Arabic.
How to apply:
HOW TO APPLY
Applications must be submitted online
To view the job description and apply to this vacancy please go to:
- Step 1: Create your online CV
- Step 2:Click on “Apply” to submit your application (please note that you must complete step two in order for your application to be properly submitted).
Only short-listed candidates shall be contacted.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.