If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Team Leader – Agriculture Open Data Specialist
Organization: Montrose Africa
Closing date: 08 Oct 2015
MONTROSE is an international development project management and consultancy company providing support to clients operating in the developing world. Specialised in the sectors of health, education, rural livelihoods and private sector development, our clients include bilateral and multilateral development agencies, the private sector, Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs) and other development stakeholders.
BackgroundFREE GIVEAWAY:- Amazon.com - Read eBooks using the FREE Kindle Reading App on Most Devices. Click above, enter your email, select new user, enter name, wait, add and finish. It's 100% FREE and a lifetime offer.
Montrose has pre-qualified to submit a proposal for an Agriculture and Nutrition Open Data programme which will deliver a suite of research and capacity building activities. The programme is a subcomponent contributing to the overall ‘Global Open Data for Agriculture and Nutrition’ (GODAN) initiative. Ultimately, GODAN seeks to make agricultural and nutritionally relevant data available, accessible, and usable for unrestricted use worldwide.
The programme objectives will be as follows:
- Objective 1: Enhance the interoperability of agricultural and nutritional open data systems;
- Objective 2: Develop and refine tools and methods that enable the evaluation of the impact of agricultural and nutritional open data initiatives and investments in developing countries;
- Objective 3: Build the capacity and diversity of open data users leading to more effective use of open data in tackling key agriculture and nutrition challenges.
Montrose is seeking to identify a suitably skilled and experienced Team Leader for the programme who fulfils the below requirements.
- Technical expertise in open data including data standards and open data evaluation tools and methods
- Substantial knowledge and experience in agriculture and ideally nutrition
- Expertise in building the capacity of open data users
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience leading development programmes related to agriculture, nutrition and open data, preferably in Africa and Asia
- Excellent experience with research and evaluation
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and capacity building skills
- Ability to work and lead a team virtually
- Track record of effective relation management
- Worked in developing countries with Africa and Asia experience
- Substantial project management skills
- Understanding of DFID and other large donors
How to apply:
If you meet the above qualifications and are interested in this opportunity please submit a detailed CV together with a covering letter explaining how you are suited for the position to email@example.com by 8 October 2015.
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.