If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Thailand: Consultancy: MICS Regional Household Survey Design
Organization: UN Children's Fund
Closing date: 16 Nov 2015
The Programme & Planning Section, UNICEF East Asia and Pacific Regional Office is seeking an individual consultant to provide technical support in the preparation, implementation and completion of the MICS and other household surveys in selected countries in the EAP region.
Work Assignment: Under the supervision of the Regional Chief of Programme & Planning and in close consultation with the Monitoring Specialist (Regional MICS Coordinator), the MICS Regional Household Survey consultant will:FREE GIVEAWAY:- Amazon.com - Read eBooks using the FREE Kindle Reading App on Most Devices. Click above, enter your email, select new user, enter name, wait, add and finish. It's 100% FREE and a lifetime offer.
1.Support the Regional MICS Coordinator in providing technical assistance and oversight for assigned surveys in the region.
2.Provide support to Global/Regional MICS Workshops (tbc):
a.Survey design workshop: facilitate selected sessions and work bilaterally with different countries on questionnaires, survey plans and budgets.
b.Data dissemination and further analysis workshop: facilitate selected sessions and work bilaterally with countries on the interpretation of their MICS data and on the development of dissemination plans.
3.From a distance and in coordination and collaboration with the Regional MICS Coordinator, review and provide feedback to COs on the following documents for compliance with MICS standards and according to country needs:
a.Survey plans (including budget and training plans for pre-test and main fieldworker training)
b.Questionnaires and Manuals, including the translated versions
c.Sample design (in collaboration with the Regional Sampling Consultant)
d.Data entry, editing and recoding programmes (in collaboration with the Regional Data Processing Consultant)
g.Datasets and tabulations (in collaboration with Regional Data Processing Consultant)
h.Summary findings and final reports
4.Support countries remotely or through in-county visits in carrying out the following survey activities according to country requirements:
a. Survey planning and questionnaire design
b. Pre-test training and pre-test
c. Fieldwork training and fieldwork monitoring
d. Data analysis
e. Report writing
5.As needed, take part in missions carried out by the Regional MICS Coordinator to support COs in negotiating, promoting and presenting MICS to governments and other partners.
6.Provide support to countries on report writing remotely or during regional workshops. Review the MICS summary findings and final reports produced by countries.
7.As needed, support countries in data archiving.
8.In collaboration with the MICS Regional Coordinator, provide country and regional status survey up-dates to RO and HQ.
- Documented review for each survey design reviewed outlining key recommendations and proposed changes and how the survey plans meet or do not meet MICS technical standards – within 7 days after submission by the country
- Feedback on draft questionnaires using the questionnaire review form – within 5 days after submission by the country.
- Country visit reports (including presentations and training materials) for each country visited – within 7 days after the visit.
- Regional workshop trip report(s) –*within 7 days after the workshop.*
- Presentations and training materials used in workshops and trainings – within 7 days after the workshop/training.
- Documented review of pre-test report with recommendations – within 7 days after the submission by the country.
- Documented review of the fieldwork training and data collection activity in each country with clear recommendations – within 3 days after the end of the training and 3 days after a monitoring visit.
- Documented review of the data processing activities with clear recommendations.
- Feedback on field-check tables through e-mail.
- Comments and feedback on each survey summary findings and final report reviewed using the standard review template*- within 7 days after the submission by the country.*
- Review of data dissemination plans and survey data archives with clear recommendations – within 7 days after the submission by the country.
- Evidence of other distance technical support through e-mail.
Deliverables:The Consultant will prepare a monthly report on activities undertaken and completed against the deliverables.
Estimated Duration of Contract:100 days within 11 months
Official Travel:The Regional Household consultant will be expected to travel to 2-3 countries (to be determined at a later date) and participate in global/regional MICS workshops. Qualifications or Specialized Knowledge/Experience Required:
- Minimum a Master’s Degree or equivalent in Social Sciences, Demography, Statistics, Epidemiology, or other related technical field with significant measurement or analysis component is required;
- At least 8 years’ experience in the coordination and/or management of quantitative household surveys. Prior coordination experience of MICS/DHS implementation at country level is highly desirable;
- Expertise in statistical analysis (familiarity with data processing and data analysis software, SPSS hiGhly desirable);
- Experience in survey report writing;
- Excellent communication in written and spoken English as well as interpersonal skills;
- Previous experience of work in the East Asia and Pacific region is an asset;
- Ability and willingness to travel to all countries across the East Asia and Pacific region; and
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multicultural environment and establish harmonious and effective relationships with national partners.
- Demonstrated leadership, managerial and supervisory ability.
Confidentiality of data and MICS documents
The Regional Household Survey Consultant must respect the confidentiality of the MICS data as well as, any country specific MICS documents that will be produced throughout the MICS process. The Regional Household Survey Consultant can use the documents and the datasets only for the tasks related to these terms of reference.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are requested to submit CV or P-11, a relevant work sample, full contact information of minimum 2 references, availability and proposed daily professional fee in USD by 16 November 2015 to email@example.com
Only short listed candidates will be notified.
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.