If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Thailand: Senior Supply Assistant
Organization: UN Children's Fund
Closing date: 30 Nov 2015
Vacancy No. EAPRO/TCO-VA-2015/62
Job Level: GS-7Enter your email, select new user, enter name, wait, add and finish all using this Free.
Duty Station: EAP Regional Office, Bangkok
Position No: 14265
Contract Type: Fixed-Term
Purpose of the Position
Under the direct supervision of the supervisor, the incumbent will undertake procurement functions and institutional contractual arrangements. The Function includes overall administrative management support relevant to procurement of institutional services in a country, he/she assists in ensuring efficient and cost effective supply and procurement support services, providing guidance to staff as well and supporting staff in logistics and procurement of institutional services related matters. He/she also assists in ensuring the office’s operations and services are in compliance with the organization’s supply and procurement policy, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Provide practical input on implementation of supply guidelines, in close coordination with the supervisor, management, programme colleagues and, operation staff. Also, update staff and implement the appropriate application and interpretation on supply and procurement policies, procedures rules and regulation.
- Contribute to recommendations on the improvement of internal controls systems taking into account the prevailing conditions in the locality of markets.
- Keep supervisor abreast of potential problem areas, prepare reports on logistics, supply and procurement matters as required.
- Provide logistics, supply and procurement related support and services, where applicable, including reviewing Term of Reference (ToR), preparation contracts and providing guidance on related procedures.
- Assist supervisor in performing regional procurement functions, institutional contractual arrangements and support on his/her overseeing the day-to-day functioning of the Supply Unit.
- Assist supervisor in the establishment and maintenance cost efficient and effective process of delivery good, institutional services and logistics.
- Support management of procurement of goods, institutional services and logistics, updating list of vendors/suppliers, providing support or serving as ex-officio (if necessary) to the Contract Review Committee (CRC) where applicable, preparing minutes of meetings.
- Assist in carrying out market research to identify potential suppliers. Maintain and update database related to regional procurement of goods and services monitoring tables.
- Monitor and supervise adequate and appropriate use of contracts ensuring that service enquiries are in accordance with organizational standards.
- Ensure that all logistics, supply and procurement of institutional services transactions and arrangements of contracts are in compliance with the applicable policies, procedures, rules and regulations. This includes contribution to the reviews of contractual arrangements to ensure that the terms and conditions of all contracts are being adhered to by providers of goods and services. Also, proposing to supervisor/hiring sections any changes that may be required and monitoring payments against contractual obligations.
- Develop training activities to ensure effective performance and efficiency in logistics, supply and procurement for institutional services management. Implement effective staff learning and development programme activities for capacity building. Contribute to workshops for staff’s competency building, staff learning and development, and career development.
- Support effective working relations with other agencies, local vendors and supplies on issues relating to subject matters through information exchange, collaboration, and harmonization. Cooperate with other UN agency counterparts in the UN reform initiatives (including common services and procurement, etc.)
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
- Completion of Secondary School. University level courses in administration, finance, or any other related field of discipline relevant to the job is an asset.
- Minimum 7 years of relevant professional work experience with both national and international work experience in supply and logistics, or any other relevant function, an asset. Work experience in emergency duty station is plus.
- Fluency in English and Thai (verbal and written).
- Good organizational and communication skills.
- Attention to details.
- Good analytical, negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle and complete multiple tasks within deadlines.
- Proven proficiency and good knowledge of computer applications, including data management related.
- Tact, discretion, self-starter and good judgment.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and harmoniously in an international multicultural environment.
- Meet UNICEF Core Values and Competencies for level of the position: Commitment, Diversity &Inclusion, Integrity, Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
How to apply:
How to apply:
The Successful candidate will be offered an attractive remuneration package under the UN system.
Please send application together with a detailed resume, current and expected salaries (* Mark clearly Ref. Code: EAPRO-CSU-GS7-14265) no later than 30 November 2015 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All UN including UNICEF candidates need to send an application letter together with Personal History (P-11) and Performance Evaluation Reports (PERs) of the last two years.
Only short listed candidates will be notified.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization.
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.