In almost all countries, the police is known to be the government organ which maintains law and order on the roads while at the same time ensuring that all road users including pedestrians, cyclists and vehicle users including drivers and those passengers on board are safe during the course of using the road. And to make sure that this is achieved, many governments have what is known as the police express traffic tickets which are issued to those reckless road users as penalties for their misconduct while using the road, and of which such tickets are usually paid on the bank accounts of the government revenue or tax collecting body on behalf of the responsible departments such as the police.
In this Hub, you will soon identify the top 35 offenses and crimes which will lead to an automatic issuing of an express traffic ticket depending on the nature of offense misconduct committed and other reasons. One important thing to know is the fact that each and every offense as mentioned below has its own amount of money which is charged for it and in cases when one is given more than a single ticket, it definitely means a double payment. Here are they below.
1. Failing to not notify change of ownership.
2. Failing to deliver the registration book and registration plate of the licensing officer.
3. Using or permitting use on the road, a motor vehicle, trailer or engineering plant without any insurance law for that use.
4. Using or permitting use on the road, a motor vehicle, trailer or engineering plant without any insurance law for that use.
5. Driving without a valid driving permit.
6. Permitting driving without a valid driving permit.
7. Operating a driving school without a license.
8. Instructing a person to drive any group of motor vehicle, trailer or engineering plant without a valid instructors license.
9. Permitting a person not enrolled as a student in a driving school to drive a motor cycle, motor car,dual purpose vehicle or trailer.
10. Learning how to drive a motor vehicle, trailer or engineering plant which not at the time displaying learner plates affixed in the prescribed manner.
11. Driving a motor vehicle, trailer or engineering plant which is displaying learner plates while you are not a licensing instructor.
12. Being a holder of a valid instructors license , permits a learner to drive a motor vehicle,trailer or engineering plant without displaying L plates.
13. Failing without reasonable cause to produce a driving permit or learner driving permit.
14. Making of any noise or sounding any instrument in order to attract the attention of possible passenger.
15. Using goods vehicle on a road to carry a load greater than the load specified the manufacturer of the chassis of the vehicle.
16. Using goods vehicle on a road in a manner which makes it a danger to other road users.
17. Using a motor vehicle for the carriage of passengers or goods for hire or reward when it is not licensed to do so.
18. Using a vehicle operators license in breach of the license issued.
19. Giving false information or incorrect statements when applying for a license or its renewal, amendment or cancellation.
20. Using a motor vehicle which is not in a good condition on a road.
21. Careless or inconsiderate use of motor vehicle.
22. Driving in excess of the prescribed speed.
23. Aiding, abetting, counseling or procuring a person to drive in excess of the prescribed speed.
24. Driving with a driving permit which has not been renewed.
25. Failing to give right of way to authorised emergency vehicles.
26. Failing to stop at a railway level crossing.
27. Riding in or being carried in a dangerous position on a motor vehicle,trailer or engineering plant.
28. Riding in or being carried upon a motor vehicle,trailer or engineering plant where there is insufficient space.
29. Carrying more than one person in addition to the driver, on a motor cycle. Carrying a person on a seat securely fixed to a motor cycle.
30. Obstructing a driver of motor vehicle,trailer or engineering plant while in motion.
31. Carrying of passengers on a motor vehicle,trailer or engineering plant in such numbers or in such position as to be likely to interfere with safe driving.
32. Failing to keep domestic animals which are on the road or in a public place under proper control.
33. Failure by the employee to keep record of his or her driver.
34. In respect of a motor vehicle, trailer or engineering plant, obstructing a road or waiting, or being left packed or being loaded or unloaded in a road.
35. Non payment of the charge made at a street parking place.
Liked this article or found it helpful? Share it with your friends using the social share buttons below and or post a comment to let us know your feedback or any addition using the comment form below..