This is also known as the Transferring of a Vehicle In Absence of the previous owner in Uganda through URA. The previous motor owner is the one who is in the vehicle logbook and it so happens that some people end up missing after selling cars with every fruit to trace them yielding no results sometimes as a result of death or even missing with no clue. In such a case, the Uganda laws authorizes the person who bought the vehicle lastly with all proofs to go on and transfer the motor car/cycle into his or her names but only after fulfilling certain procedures and in this article, you will soon discover how to deal with such instances in the legalized/accepted way.
1. Go to the Commissioner for Oaths, inquire about swearing an Affidavit and do as guided.
2. You should then get the sworn in duly embossed Affidavit before the Commissioner for Oaths and present it to the licensing officer.
3. The same should be accompanied by the a copy of a Public Notice ran in the daily newspapers declaring their intention to transfer the motor
vehicle, and calling on the registered owner to declare their objection if any to the High Court within 2 weeks (should be done before the Oath).
4. You should as well take a Court Order instructing the Licensing Officer to transfer the vehicle to their names.
5. As the applicant, you should present yourself with their original identification documents to the Licensing Officer.
6. You should additionally take with you the original registration book with the transfer forms (Old Form 3) that were issued by the original owner in case they are all available.
7. You should be willing to avail the motor vehicle to the Licensing Officer for inspection.
8. You should present a paid up assessment which they should have picked from the Licensing office (Please note that this will not be available online).
And after all the above, the Licensing officer will then process and issue a new Registration Book in the names of the applicant (current owner).
Having any question, feel free to post a comment below or use the contact us page.