If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Timor-Leste: Director – Operations: Governance for Development Support Services
Organization: Cardno Emerging Markets
Closing date: 20 Oct 2015
Cardno Emerging Markets supports the implementation of the Governance for Development (GfD) Program on behalf of the Australian Government.
In 2014, Australia commenced implementation of an eight year Governance for Development (GfD) Program that assists the Government of Timor-Leste (GoTL) to deliver services that meet Timor-Leste's development needs and supports economic growth.Enter your email, select new user, enter name, wait, add and finish all using this Free.
The objective of the GfD program is to support the GoTL to achieve sustainable economic and human development; and support the development of a fiscal framework that delivers sustainable government finances, economic growth and services to meet social needs.
To achieve its development targets, Timor-Leste is striving to improve the performance of its government agencies. The core work under GfD is with central agencies to improve the systems that are most important to economic management and service delivery. The key agencies with which GfD works are:
· Office of the Prime Minister
· Ministry of Finance
· Civil Service Commission (CSC)
· Office of the Minister of State, Coordinating Minister for Economic Affairs (MECAE)
· Selected Line Ministries
Objectives of the Position
The Director – Operations (DO) is responsible for providing high quality support services to the GfD program. The DO will manage the GfD Support Services (GfDSS) team to respond to the needs of GfD as directed by the Counsellor, Governance and Economics, of the Australian Embassy. The DO will need to understand issues and policies relating to the GfD program and be able to generate options to translate agreed support into concrete action.
Delivery of Support Services to GfD
In close collaboration with the Australian Embassy Governance and Economics team, support the management of advisers, resources and activities provided to GoTL agencies under the GfD program. This includes sourcing and providing advisory support, capacity building and training, study tours, monitoring missions, academic studies, operational assessments and other similar activities, as required.
· Seek opportunities to promote gender equality and women's empowerment in the program and through the policy work of the advisers.
· Seek opportunities to promote disability and social inclusion, environmental considerations and other cross cutting issues.
Corporate Management of GfDSS
Manage a range of corporate and administrative functions for GfDSS, including budget and finance, human resources, information technology, property, asset and records management, transport, security, occupational health and safety, office management, etc.
· Manage the GfDSS team, responsible for human resource management, adviser management, logistics and procurement, capacity building and training, financial management and reporting, office management, and property and asset management.
· Provide on-the job coaching and mentoring support to the GfDSS team.
Representation and Liaison
· Support the relevant parts of the GfD Program to negotiate and maintain liaison at senior levels with counterpart officials and representatives on programs of support being provided by GfD.
· Build and maintain relationships with the Australian Embassy Governance and Economics team, and other sector teams as required.
A copy of the Terms of Reference and Selection Criteria for this position can be found by clicking on the link: Terms of Reference
How to apply:
Up to 18.5 months from 14 December 2015 until 30 June 2017
Applications addressing the Terms of Reference and Selection Criteria in a cover letter and a current CV should be uploaded by clicking the link to the Cardno Careers webpage.
Closing date: 20 October 2015, COB Australian Eastern Standard Time. Please note that late applications will not be considered.
Cardno is committed to child protection and safeguarding the welfare of children in the delivery of our international development programs. Recruitment and selection procedures reflect this commitment and may include relevant criminal record checks.
Cardno is an equal opportunity employer.
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.