If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Timor-Leste: Economic Adviser to the Office of the Minister of State Coordinating Economic Affairs, Government of Timor-Leste
Organization: Cardno Emerging Markets
Closing date: 20 Oct 2015
Cardno Emerging Markets supports the implementation of the Governance for Development (GfD) Program on behalf of the Australian Government.
In 2014, Australia commenced implementation of an eight year Governance for Development (GfD) Program that assists the Government of Timor-Leste (GoTL) to deliver services that meet Timor-Leste's development needs and supports economic growth.Enter your email, select new user, enter name, wait, add and finish all using this Free.
The objective of the GfD program is to support the GoTL to achieve sustainable economic and human development; and support the development of a fiscal framework that delivers sustainable government finances, economic growth and services to meet social needs.
To achieve its development targets, Timor-Leste is striving to improve the performance of its government agencies. The core work under GfD is with central agencies to improve the systems that are most important to economic management and service delivery. The key agencies with which GfD works are:
- Office of the Prime Minister
- Ministry of Finance
- Civil Service Commission
- Office of the Minister of State, Minister Coordinating Economic Affairs (MECAE)
- Selected Line MinistriesThe Economic Adviser will provide detailed research, economic analysis and policy advice to MECAE in order to support policy formulation that will promote economic development. The Adviser will also work to improve the capacity of the MECAE staff to provide government with economic policy, analysis and advice.
The responsibilities of the Economic Adviser are to:
- Provide economic policy analysis and advice for the Coordinating Minister and senior officials in MECAE.
- Carry out microeconomic and macroeconomic analysis and policy research in a wide range of policy areas and provide advice accordingly.
- Carry out detailed research in specific sectors (e.g. coffee, telecommunications, tourism, and manufacturing) as required.
- Assist the technical team and the Coordinating Minister in analysing reports and proposals from stakeholders, businesses, etc.
- Analyse new surveys, reports, data that come out about the Timor-Leste economy.
- Work closely with the GfD Senior Legal Adviser, the MECAE Senior Economic Adviser and the MECAE Senior Coordinator to support implementation of the GoTL's economic reform agenda.A copy of the Terms of Reference and Selection Criteria for this position can be found by clicking on the link: Terms of Reference
Initial 12 month contract with the possibility of extension to 30 June 2017.
How to apply:
a) By email: email your application with the reference "**GfD080 – Economic Adviser**" in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information about this position:
Email email@example.com with the reference "**GfD080 – Economic Adviser**" in the subject line.
Cardno is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to Child Protection in all fields. Successful applicants may be required to provide a police clearance certificate.
Closing date: 20 October 2015, 23.55pm Dili time.
Late applications will not be considered.
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.