If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Tunisia: Senior Operations Officer
Organization: International Organization for Migration
Closing date: 23 Sep 2015
OPEN TO INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL CANDIDATES
Duty Station : IOM Libya in Tunis, Tunisia*FREE GIVEAWAY:- Amazon.com - Read eBooks using the FREE Kindle Reading App on Most Devices. Click above, enter your email, select new user, enter name, wait, add and finish. It's 100% FREE and a lifetime offer.
Classification : Professional Staff, Grade P4
Type of Appointment : Special short term,Nine months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Reference Code: SVN2015/119(P)-EXT
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM has a proactive recruitment policy to increase the representation of nationals of non- represented member states. Qualified applicants from the following countries will be favorably considered:
Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Belize, Benin, Botswana, Cambodia, Cape Verde, Czech Republic, Comoros, Djibouti, El Salvador, Gabon, Gambia, Guinea, Guyana, Holy See, Iceland, Israel, Lesotho, Libya, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Maldives, Malta, Marshall Islands, Montenegro, Micronesia, Mongolia, Namibia, Nauru, Norway, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Republic of Congo, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, Seychelles, Somalia, Suriname, Swaziland, Tanzania, Timor Leste, Trinidad and Tobago, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen
Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged.
Under the direct supervision of the Chief of Mission, the successful candidate will be accountable and responsible for the implementation, oversight, and coordination of operational activities of various initiatives, including emergency evacuation, assisted voluntary return and reintegration (AVRR), distribution of non-food items (NFIs), the Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM), capacity-building programmes, rescue at sea, and community stabilization.
*Core Functions / Responsibilities:*****
- Plan and implement transportation and humanitarian assistance strategies in close coordination with Resettlement and Movement Management division, dedicated project staff, government authorities, transit and receiving missions, and implementing partners.
- Develop and maintain liaison with government authorities, including diplomatic missions and national and international institutions, to ensure smooth implementation of project activities.
- Provide overall support to IOM Libya staff on all movement operations activities, including emergency evacuation and AVRR.
- Negotiate with ground transport providers.
- Identify opportunities and resource requirements for programming and develop programmatic response strategies in coordination with the RO, Preparedness and Response Division (PRD), and Transition and Recovery Division (TRD) to address durable solutions and community stabilization gaps as informed by appropriate context and political analysis. Provide timely technical support within the scope of recovery.
- Identify and strengthen internal mission capacity in recovery, transition, and stabilization programming, including building the capacity of relevant stakeholders in emergency and post-crisis response.
- Keep abreast of all interagency and stakeholder assessments, reports, and other relevant material. Ensure programmatic staffs are well informed of the strategic focus of the Mission and of the resources that can assist their operations and activities.
- Identify and implement measures to maintain a high level of integrity in project and programme implementation. Identify areas of improvement and opportunities for simplification and enhanced efficiency.
- Lead overall development and implementation of emergency response. Review current projects and design a transition strategy from emergency to recovery/development.
- When needed represent IOM at coordination and local cluster meetings, related fora, and other emergency-related events.
- Contribute to the design and development of new programmes/projects with particular focus on migration in close coordination with the COM, units in the Country Office, other relevant IOM Country Offices, and RO Thematic Specialists.
- Undertake duty travel relating to project/programme assessment, liaison with counterparts, problem solving, and new project/programme development, as required.
- Ensure proper visibility and promotion of emergency evacuation efforts undertaken.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- Takes responsibility and manages constructive criticism;
- Works effectively with all clients and stakeholders;
- Promotes continuous learning; communicates clearly;
- Takes initiative and drives high levels of performance management;
- Plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Displays mastery of subject matter;
- Contributes to a collegial team environment;
- Creates a respectful office environment free of harassment and retaliation, and promotes the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA);
- Incorporates gender-related needs, perspectives, and concerns, and promotes equal gender participation;
- Displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
- Delivers on set objectives in hardship situations;
- Effectively coordinates actions with other implementing partners;
- Works effectively with local authorities, stakeholders, beneficiaries, and the broader community to advance country office or regional objectives.
*Required Qualifications and Experience*****
- Master’s degree in Law, Political Science, Human Rights, International Relations, Humanitarian Assistance or a related field from an accredited academic institution with eight years of relevant professional experience; or
- University degree in the above fields with ten years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in organizing ground/air movement of refugees, particularly in remote locations;
- Experience in the usage of electronic tools related to voluntary return and movements is an advantage;
- Experience in designing and implementing projects supporting recovery and stabilization;
- Experience in issues related to refugee, protection, and migration;
- Experience in liaising with airlines, airport authorities, and government authorities;
- Knowledge of Microsoft office is essential;
- Experience in supervising and training staff is desirable.
Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of Arabic or French is an advantage.
- With possible relocation to Tripoli, Libya if and when the situation is conducive.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment
system, by September 23, 2015 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly filled in and submitted with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application in your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 09.09.2015 to 23.09.2015
Requisition: SVN 2015/119 (P) – Senior Operations Officer (P4) – IOM Libya in Tunis, Tunisia (54681923) Released
Posting: SVN 2015/119 (P) – Senior Operations Officer (P4) – IOM Libya in Tunis, Tunisia (54681926) Released
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.