If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Turkey: Deputy Chief of Party – Civil Society
Organization: Creative Associates International
Closing date: 09 Oct 2015
Position Location:Gaziantep, Turkey
Background:FREE GIVEAWAY:- Amazon.com - Read eBooks using the FREE Kindle Reading App on Most Devices. Click above, enter your email, select new user, enter name, wait, add and finish. It's 100% FREE and a lifetime offer.
Creative Associates International is a dynamic and fast-growing professional services firm that specializes in international development in the areas of education, democratic transitions and stabilization in post-conflict environments. Based in Washington, DC, the firm has a field presence in 20 countries worldwide with a strong and diverse portfolio that includes global contracts with the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and other clients including the U.S. Department of State (DoS) and the U.S. Department of Defense. The firm has earned a solid reputation among its clients and missions worldwide and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
The Deputy Chief of Party will serve as the principal point of contact for all procedural and substantive technical matters for a high volume DoS-funded activity focused on a civil society development project based in an active conflict environment. He/She will provide oversight of program planning, procurement plans, monitoring and evaluation, training, implementation, program staff recruitment, deployment and development, and building and maintaining relations with government officials, DoS personnel, sub-contractors, and partners to ensure program goals are met.
For the duration of the program.
Reporting and Supervision:
The Deputy Chief of Party reports to the Chief of Party (CoP) and will supervise Program Managers, Program Coordinators, and Field Officers.
- Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- In close cooperation with the CoP, builds and maintains relations with partner organizations, DoS personnel, and vendors to ensure effective program implementation;
- Oversees program planning, implementation and quality control;
- Supervises the development and implementation of activities, sets targets and monitors timelines in order to ensure the timely completion and closure of activities;
- Advises and assists a team of Program Coordinators, Operations personnel, and Field staff in the implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of program activities;
- Ensures that program implementation is in accordance with USG rules and regulations, and Creative’s policies and procedures;
- Ensures that project deliverables are submitted to the client on time and in accordance with USG procedures;
- Serves as the primary point of contact for procedural and substantive matters in the absence of the COP;
- Coordinates with HQ on all tracker, payment and activity issues and/or needs;
- Mentors staff and finds ways to enhance staff development;
- Oversees implementation of project reporting and monitoring and evaluation activities;
- Other duties as assigned by the COP.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum of an advanced degree in social sciences, international development, governance, or a related field;
- Minimum of 6 years of demonstrated experience in the successful implementation of international development and transition activities (preferably in the civil society space); preferably under a USG contract – 4 years of which shall have been in senior management including direct supervision of professional and support staff;
- Intimate familiarity with USG rules and regulations;
- Demonstrated experience enhancing capacity of civil society organizations to serve, represent, and advocate for citizens;
- Experience in grants management and/or civil society partner compliance management;
- Experience coordinating sensitive program activities in coordination with high-level government officials, including embassy staff, the client, host country government ministries, and other key stakeholders; and
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
Preferred Skills & Qualifications
- Verbal and written proficiency in Arabic.
This is a voluntary unaccompanied post.
How to apply:
Please apply online: https://rew21.ultipro.com/CRE1010/JobBoard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=*8E5895EBD0C432BA
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.