If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Turkey: Livelihoods Coordinator
Closing date: 22 Sep 2015
General Description of the Programme:
GOAL has been working in Syria since 2012, responding to the acute needs of conflict affected communities. GOAL is working directly in Idlib Governate, and Latakia, Aleppo and Hama in conjunction with its partners, delivering food, non-food, WASH, shelter and Livelihoods services to highly vulnerable affected populations.Enter your email, select new user, enter name, wait, add and finish all using this Free.
GOAL’s Livelihoods programme has rapidly developed over the last 12 months and now has four distinct donors. GOAL is looking to aggressively expand this strategic growth area and increase self-sufficiency amongst currently dependent communities.
Description of the role
The Livelihoods Coordinator will take overall responsibility for the implementation of GOAL Syria’s livelihoods activities and achievement of project targets, while providing strategic direction, technical design and leadership and management of the developing programme. GOAL is looking for an enthusiastic and dynamic Livelihoods Coordinator with experience in supporting a broad range of agricultural activities, irrigation, micro enterprise, and temporary employment (CFW) amongst others, with a solid understanding of market based approaches.
The Livelihoods Coordinator reports directly to the Assistant Country Director for Programmes and works closely with other programme and support staff to ensure optimal integration of programme activities and support where appropriate.
Overall responsibility for the implementation the Livelihoods Programme and achievement of results
· Ensure the implementation of the Livelihoods programme through all stages of the project management cycle, with a focus on the achievement of results and quality of activities.
· Maintain project tools which support project implementation and management review of progress. Support the field teams to prepare programmatic work plans, target tables and project budgets specific to their areas of focus.
· Manage the project budget through approving expenditures in accordance with GOAL policies and reviewing monthly budget versus actual reports, comparing with time and targets achievement.
· Work with the M & E Department to strengthen and maintain a project monitoring and evaluation system, including an effective field reporting system that will enable measurement of progress at output and outcome levels.
· Liaise with other departments including finance/administration, procurement and human resource departments to ensure adequate support for all project activities.
· Ensure that all GOAL mainstreaming policies are incorporated in all FSL proposals and activities.
Provide strategic direction to the Livelihoods Programme
· Working in close collaboration with the ACD-P, global LLH Advisor and LLH staff, develop an evidence based livelihoods strategy designed specifically for the Syrian context to guide programme direction.
· Ensure that GOAL’s LLH programme remain in line with guidance from the FSL Cluster, responsive to data from the field, and are attainable given donor priorities.
· Actively participate in the annual planning process and support the LLH Field Manager to draft activity budgets which are in line with programme strategy. Ensure that the views, needs and priorities of beneficiaries are incorporated into planning.
Management and leadership
· Provide overall leadership to the Livelihoods Department, approaching the role with energy, professionalism and enthusiasm to create a positive and high performance environment.
· Manage the growth of the department ensuring careful human resource planning to meet the needs of immediate and future expansion.
· Work to ensure that all project job vacancies are filled in a timely fashion through coordination with the HR Manager through the recruitment process
· Ensure work plans are in place for all project staff to reflect objectives and that mid-term reviews and annual appraisals are completed for the LLH Field Manager. Support the Field Manager to conduct effective appraisals for their teams.
· Provide remote monitoring of staff performance and achievements against work plans and provide on-the-job feedback and instigate corrective measures to ensure the optimal productivity and efficiency of staff
· Foster a stable and participatory working environment by promoting experience sharing and lessons learnt.
· Identify and pursue opportunities for the technical development of project staff, organise capacity development and provide remote training as required.
· In consultation with the ACD-P develop and maintain cordial working relationships with relevant stakeholders including, the FSL Cluster, donors, and political entities.
· Ensure information is circulated to the field teams appropriately.
· Support the grant department with input for donor reports and proposals.
· Perform all other duties as requested by ACD.
- First or second class bachelors level degree in agriculture, community development, natural resource management or closely related discipline from a recognised university.
- At least three years practical experience with an international development organisation, managing agricultural/livelihoods projects under complex operating environments.
- Good understanding of the household livelihood security framework, knowledge of value chains methodology and market-based approaches to working with poor populations.
- A demonstrable high level of capacity in project management, budget management, strategy development, and proposal writing.
- Strong experience in management and demonstrable capacity for departmental leadership.
- Strong analytical and writing skills. Experience of proposal writing, log frame development and donor reporting.
- Excellent IT skills, including strong knowledge of MS Office applications
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and training skills and a track record of building/developing cohesive teams.
- Previous experience in the Syria / Middle east region.
- Master’s level degree in agriculture, community development, natural resource management or closely related discipline.
- Experience in delivering complex programmes and managing and motivating staff in remote environments.
- Arabic language skills an advantage.
How to apply:
please apply in English by sending your up-to-date CV with a cover letter to email@example.com that the job title and location of the role are clearly stated in the subject line of your email/letter. Thank you for your interest.
Only shortlisted candidates will be Contacted.
GOAL has a Staff Code of Conduct and a Child Protection Policy, which have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants and children from exploitation. GOAL also has a confidentiality policy ensuring the non-disclosure of any information whatsoever relating to the practices and business of GOAL, acquired in the course of duty, to any other person or organisation without authority, except in the normal execution of duty. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to these policies any job offer made is also subject to a reference check. GOAL is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications equally from both men and women.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document.
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.