If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Uganda: EngenderHealth Monitoring and Evaluation Program Associate.
EngenderHealth is a leading global women’s health organization committed to ensuring that every pregnancy is planned, every child is wanted, and every mother has the best chance at survival. In 20 countries around the world, we train health care professionals and partner with governments and communities to make high-quality family planning and sexual and reproductive health services available—today and for generations to come.
The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation awarded EngenderHealth a grant to expand access to family planning, including the under-utilized contraceptive implants and IUDs in Tanzania, Uganda and Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC). The project results are:
· Capacity of providers to offer quality family planning (FP) services increased, with focus on implants and IUD
· Quality of FP services improved, with a focus on implants and IUD
· Access to FP increased, with focus on implants and IUD
Funding Source: Bill & Melinda Gates FoundationEnter your email, select new user, enter name, wait, add and finish all using this Free.
Reports to: Country Manager
Job Code: 871
The Monitoring and Evaluation Program Associate works with ExpandFP country and global staff to implement monitoring, evaluation and research activities for the project in Uganda.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Responsible for routine verification and gathering of performance data from ExpandFP activities in supported health districts and facilities, village health teams and other implementing partners. This includes data on: family planning services in facilities as well as special FP days and mobile outreaches; training events and follow-up coaching; supervision visits; quality improvement activities (COPE); community engagement and building of champions; radio programming; mhealth use of SMS messages; and youth activities.
· The incumbent will implement the monitoring and evaluation plan of the project. Lead the process of planning, implementing and disseminating M&E and research activities, including the mid-term evaluation and endline.
· Oversee the planning and implementing program evaluation studies, namely developing data collection tools, training of research assistants, supervision of data collection, entry and analysis.
· Technically support the entry, analysis and dissemination of key performance indicator data every quarter and maintain an up to-date project database.
· Oversee the preparation of results reporting on a quarterly basis for submission to EngenderHealth NYC.
· With district-based project officers, steer periodic data quality assessment activities at supported health facilities to identify any underlying data quality issues and work closely with district HMIS focal persons and health facility staff to address them.
· Manage the planning and implementing training, mentoring and coaching activities meant to strengthen the capacity of supported health facilities to collect, manage, analyze, report and utilize routine data according to Ministry of Health HMIS standards and guidelines.
· Actively participate in documentation of success stories, lessons learned and promising practices for sharing with different stakeholders and to inform programming.
· Perform any other responsibilities assigned by the supervisor or technical supervisors.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the Monitoring and Evaluation Program Associate should hold a post graduate degree in Statistics, Population Studies, Public Health or any other related field
· Possession of a Postgraduate diploma in Monitoring and Evaluation or Project Planning and Management is preferred
· At least seven years of experience in monitoring and evaluation of health programs with a special focus on family planning/reproductive health
· Prior exposure and experience working with USAID, UKAID or Bill and Melinda Gates supported projects is an added advantage
· Familiarity with the Ministry of Health HMIS tools, procedures and guidelines
· Skills in data processing and analysis using at least one of the following statistical software packages: SPSS, Epidata, Stata and MS Access
· Results-oriented, team player, and with excellent interpersonal skills
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Fluency in English required.
Contact/How to apply:
All interested job applicants should visit our website’s career page at the web link below to submit your details online. Please include details of your salary requirements and salary history (if possible, include a USAID biographical data sheet).
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.