If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Uganda: FINANCE ASSISTANT CASHIERS – BASED IN GULU AND KARAMOJA ( OPEN TO UGANDA NATIONALS)
Organization: Mercy Corps
Closing date: 16 Oct 2015
FINANCE ASSISTANT CASHIERS – BASED IN GULU AND KARAMOJA
( 2 VACANCIES)FREE GIVEAWAY:- Amazon.com - Read eBooks using the FREE Kindle Reading App on Most Devices. Click above, enter your email, select new user, enter name, wait, add and finish. It's 100% FREE and a lifetime offer.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
The Finance assistant is responsible for the day to day cash management and documentation of financial transactions. Working in the Finance department in close collaboration with the Finance officer, the Finance assistant cashier will assist in the administration, accounting and documentation of all financial transactions in a timely and accurate manner. In addition, the finance assistant cashier will ensure that all payments are supported with accurate documents.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Adhere to Mercy Corps mandated, procedures and controls; including, Field Procurement, Logistics, Asset Management, and Finance procedures.
· Manage daily transactions and finance functions including the timely recording of transactions, cash management, payroll, inventory, receivables and payables.
· Implement and administer Mercy Corps systems for internal control, compliance and accounting data processing and financial reporting functions in accordance with Mercy Corps and donors’ regulations.
· Assist in ensuring smooth coordination of program implementation and cash transactions.
· Ensure that all necessary documentation is fully completed and approved in line with Mercy Corps procurement and financial manuals before making any cash transactions
· Ensure that operational cash advance is adequately maintained.**•**Assist in the weekly and monthly cash counts and reconciliations
• Responsible for proper filing of all receipts and documentation according to Mercy Corps procedures.
• Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
• Do other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
· A BA/S or equivalent in accounting or finance is required.
· 4years experience in grants and financial management and accounting.
· Adequate understanding of donor rules and regulations is required.
· Three years international NGO/PVO experience is preferred.
· Strong accounting skills and experience, including management of the general ledger, journal entries, payroll, payables and balance sheet.
· Demonstrated experience and skill with financial reports preparation and presentation and proven ability to translate technical financial data into informative reports.
· Advanced computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel and accounting software experience.
· Prior management experience and strong organizational skills preferred.
· Excellent oral and written English skills
· Willing to travel regularly to Mercy Corps and sub grantees field offices and project sites approximately 50%.
How to apply:
Submit your E-mailed application including a cover letter clearly stating your salary requirements, CV (with 3 referees), and copies of academic qualifications/certificates through the Human Resource Manager to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for Submission:Close of business on October 16, 2015Only short-listed candidates will be contacted by Mercy Corps. Mercy Corps is an equal opportunity employer; female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.